Friday, June 16, 2017

The Power of Micro-Loans!

So happy to share some great news! I JUST sent in my last loan repayment on my beloved pickup truck. Thanks to the magic of micro-lending, 63 different people loaned my farm small amounts of money. Those small gestures of faith and friendship 2 years ago added up to the total cost of buying, taxes, tags, and registration of a used 1989 F150. That truck is my baby, and what I depend on every day to move meat, hay, feed, and myself around Washington County. As of today my only auto expenses are a small insurance bill (around $48) and gas/maintenance. As someone who has dealt with auto payments most of her adult life this is a true reason to raise a glass tonight!

Kiva was the program that made this possible. Thanks to their website I was approved, loan launched, and funded in under 24-hours. I was able to set up repayments I could manage and it made all the difference to this small farm. And the people who loaned the money to me had the choice of either returning the repaid money to their bank accounts or lending it to someone else. This is the magic of Kiva. I have been able to help many people over the years by re-lending the same fifty dollars all over the world. I've helped farmers over and over, seven loans as of this morning (Just sent $25 to a woman needing pig feed in the Philippines!) and that was money recycled through Kiva.

It feels good to accept loans from people who want to help you, it feels great to repay that loan, and it feels even better to use my money in my portfolio on Kiva to help others.

Soon I'll launch another loan through Kiva for farm repairs/improvements. It'll help me to buy equipment, fencing, and farm repairs without having to use the money earned through logos/soap/illustration and other creative means for anything but catching up on the mortgage. As I prepare for that launch I ask that you consider loaning through Kiva - if not to help Cold Antler to help people all over the world take care of their crops, beasts, and families.

There's enough bad news out there. Let's help each other where we can.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chantelle Wittwer said...

That's wonderful news Jenna! Give Merlin a hug from me and keep going girl!!!

June 16, 2017 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Photo Spread said...

Congrats! Paying off a loan always feel good. And I know you've been diligent, since Kiva kept me updated with your repayments.

June 17, 2017 at 6:59 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Thanks guys! It made something impossible possible, and I so appreciate your support.

June 17, 2017 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

And Merlin has been hugged!

June 17, 2017 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Mark Winstanley said...

Thanks for one’s Good posting! I enjoyed reading it, I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have a nice evening! keeping this website

Structured Cabling

August 9, 2017 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger sin soleng said...

That's wonderful news Jenna! Give Merlin a hug from me and keep going girl!!!


ทางบ้าน

August 10, 2017 at 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home