Monday, May 1, 2017

Forensic Friends!

I do most of my writing here, where content has room to breathe and stretch. But over on twitter I have been posting several times a day with updates about all the animals, horse training, gardens, and work as it happens. If you want to see what is happening in real time - follow me there @coldantlerfarm. I am no longer on Facebook.

Today I just wanted to share with you the friendship I made with Dr. Judy Melinek, a forensic pathologist and author. We have very different lives, but love reading about each other's stories and experiences. When she saw I made soap on the farm she asked me if I could make skull soap? I wasn't sure, but said if she sent a mold I would try and mail her the soap! The deal was struck and she sent along this gem of a small mold. I gotta say, it looks really, really, good!

So this sheep farmer in NY will be mailing skull soaps to a doctor across the nation performing autopsies with the same pruning shears I use on my apple trees. It's a wild world, people.

11 Comments:

Blogger Frenchie said...

Jenna, this skull soap is very cool. I'm buying if you're selling :).

May 1, 2017 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Daisy Farm said...

Jenna,

I would buy some "goat soap" from you if you make another batch. Tell me more about it and if I can add a scent.

- Marguerite

(Megner@wi.rr.com)

May 1, 2017 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Daisy Farm said...

Jenna,

I would buy some "goat soap" from you if you make another batch. Tell me more about it and if I can add a scent.

- Marguerite

(Megner@wi.rr.com)

May 1, 2017 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Alexis Meehan said...

Hi Jenna, are you selling your goat soaps as well? If so, I'm interested. Let me know? Thanks!

May 2, 2017 at 12:24 AM  
Blogger Ducky said...

That is super cool, Jenna. I enjoy it so much when authors I love become friends.

May 2, 2017 at 4:39 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Jenna, I have tried to reach you on e-mail (dogsinyourparks@gmail) That address does not connect from me. SandiK

May 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Hey Sandi, that is because it is it dogsinOURparks try again!

May 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger EZ said...

I would buy. Also relevant: this morning I saw a license plate that said "NNNNSIC"

May 3, 2017 at 12:07 AM  
Blogger Einit Borowsky said...

Hey lady! I just realized today that I hadn't seen any posts from you on Facebook in a while and now I know why. You kicked the Facebook habit. I'm envious like a smoker who ran into an old smoking buddy and they said they'd given it up. Well I suppose It's either subscribe to the blog again or Twitter and I'm still not too comfortable with twitter, so I will subscribe. Hope you are having a great spring.
E

May 4, 2017 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Welsh Harlequin said...

I'm not into skulls, but this is a cool tie-in!

May 7, 2017 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Welsh Harlequin said...

oh and I left fb too. Glad I did.

May 7, 2017 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home