Saturday, May 13, 2017

6 years ago!

I forgot about this video about the first year at Cold Antler Farm in Jackson. It's before archery, falconry, and Merlin were a part of my life and I was just learning what it took to manage a breeding flock of sheep and begin raising pigs. Now this farm produces lamb, pork, fleeces, eggs, honey, veg, and more. I rewatched it, thinking of how much I have changed since signing the mortgage papers and how grateful I am to still be here. If you want to jump back to 2011 - here you are!

Cold Antler Farm is free to read. If you feel the writing was worth a dollar, click here for a voluntary contribution. It is appreciated and encourages these endeavors. Thank you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

i remember those days
where did that girl go?

May 14, 2017 at 12:59 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

While I think I understand what you mean by that, you couldn't pay me to be 28 again.

May 14, 2017 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger Simple as ALC said...

Right!!?!!

May 14, 2017 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger Erin O'Connell said...

Sorry, I think my timeline is off. What happened to Gibson?

May 14, 2017 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

Holy crap, this wasc6 years ago!!?? Do you know how much OUR lives has changed... Let me tell you...

May 15, 2017 at 12:44 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I don't usually post much or comment but I absolutely love this video.It brings tears to my eyes every time I here and watch it. I mean this is a good way.
I think this video reflects so many things. Hope,passion,learning,excitement,and zest for the life you wanted to experience and I think that is cool.I felt that way at your age and that's when we moved to our first property and still live here now.I am now 54.

I would love to go back to that time it was hard but exciting. Thanks for sharing.

May 15, 2017 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

I remember this video! You and I bought our houses at the same time and watching this for the first time is what gave me the last push to want to farm. Reading your blog was the inspiration for me, now we have dairy goats chickens meat rabbit and have had pigs and will again!

May 17, 2017 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I love this video! I remember when you first posted it too. Gosh where did six years go...

May 19, 2017 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 21, 2017 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home