Sunday, April 30, 2017

Stories Coming Atcha!

It's been quite the week! Since I last posted a new kid has been born, pigs have been slaughtered, sheep have been shorn, Merlin started cart training all over,  and I have hit the road again, running to get back into half marathon shape. My body is tired, my skin is redder, and the farm is cantering into summer.

I'll be sharing detailed stories of pigs, shearing, and cart training this week. I'll also be talking about my hate bakes - which is what I call the act of baking from scratch in this farmhouse, that I constantly fail at because of my inability to follow directions and my absolute disdain for details. All of you out there who enjoy baking will get a laugh out of it, I am sure. So more shortly, but right now this woman needs some coffee.


4 Comments:

Blogger lemontreelane said...

The answer is always coffee

April 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

You get me.

April 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Zola Crofoot said...

Go to You tube and view/study King Arthur Flour White bread recipe. You can sub half the white flour( I use organic flour) for wheat flour. This video will teach the why's and how's of bread. This is the video I used to learn and my Kids and Know Grand Kid's( one only 4 years old) has learned to Knead dough. Simple with good Chemistry. Check out all their video's, there free! And this helps not to make mistakes and your not wasting your time or money.
I also have my first doeling this spring, breed one of my doe's and she kidded 4-9. I am know milking twice a day. I have made goat cheese and goat soap. Good luck with your baking!!!

April 30, 2017 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Thanks Zola! Bread (at least my standards for it) I have down. It's become something I can treat like cooking, adding my own times and flair and such. It's the cakes and cookies and the things you see on Great British Bake Off that elude me!

April 30, 2017 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home