Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Farm Update

Good morning from Mud City! The farm today is mostly water, and while I wait for new lambs I wanted to share this picture Miriam Romais took of Joseph, Sean Connery, and Chase the rooster. This little guy's a bit soggy right now, eating his breakfast in the rain - but otherwise in good shape.

I am still waiting on more lambs. Usually they are a few days apart, but perhaps Brick was bred an entire cycle ahead of the others? It's possible since Monday was off the farm in all of November serving a neighbor's flock (we switch rams to keep the breeding varied). Lambs could be here in ten minutes, ten days, or next month. It's my job to keep a vigilant eye and hope there is luck coming my way with twins or triplets.

In other news the farm has managed one of the payments needed this month and I have a plan in place to make more. For details on classes, illustrations, logos and workshops, etc please defer to social media. And if you have zero desire for a logo, don't want an illustration, or can travel to the farm for a class and wish to simply contribute here as a way to compensate for the writing you enjoy, I have signed up for paypal.me/JennaCAF That link will replace the troublesome (and depending on your browser, invisible!) paypal donation link on the sidebar. It is encouraging to see a dollar thrown into that pot. It shows there is an audience happy to support a blog like this. Not a bad way to shed some light on a muddy day.

More lamb updates on the way as soon as they arrive!

 

6 Comments:

Blogger seagoddess said...

Why don't you take that poor, sad, and unhealthy looking horse for a ride today?

March 8, 2017 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

What would possibly make you say such a thing? Merlin is a 22 year old horse in fine health? The farrier just commented on his feet, body, and temperament? He is covered in winter coat and turning white in the face from the season and his age - but he is far from sad, poor, or unhealthy? What are you even basing that on?

March 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger bookkm said...

I think seagoddess was joking. All is well, Jenna. Your horses rock!

March 8, 2017 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger seagoddess said...

"'If you feel the urge to comment on something, but can't answer the follow up "Why would you say that?" without being ashamed. Don't comment.'"

I'm far from ashamed at what I say. Me thinks the shoe should be on the other foot. Oh wait, Jon Katz might chime in....

You want an answer, why would I say that? Cause I can that's why. That horse looks sad. A farrier is not a vet. You only want comments where people PRAISE you and your "lifestyle." good for you. Do what you gotta do, but don't tell someone not to comment on a public blog. I stand by what I say. You got a sad horse there.

March 15, 2017 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Seagoddess, I don't know you. But I do know that I post and share my life under my real name so people can assume whatever they want about me. If you want to choose to keep heckling a stranger's pictures of animals you don't know and talk about those animals feelings - oh boy, but you're gonna have to use a real name and email address.

March 15, 2017 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Also, that post on facebook wasn't about you. But way to be cross-platform creepy.

March 15, 2017 at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home