Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Bull!

Before I let the dogs out to run around the farm this morning, I made sure there weren't any rogue bulls on the front lawn. That isn't a joke. Yesterday an automated call came from the local Auction Barn letting neighbors know that a very "agitated" bull escaped and instructions on how to avoid it were also given - as well as contacts to call in case you did happen to see it in your backyard. I live a mile from this barn, so not a far fetched thing to look out for.  Never a dull moment.

Snow storms came and went, leaving this place gorgeous and tired. All the animals and I came through the blizzard and right now as I type thick, wet, flakes are falling outside my French doors, snow-globe style. It's a pretty scene. But even in the quiet reverence of it, I am keeping my eyes peeled like the unwilling matador I might become at any moment...


1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Hello there; I found your book (One Woman Farm) @ the library and am just so in love with your life!! Lol. I'm in Ohio, in the city, but have always dreamed of living as you do. My mother grew up on a farm and she tells me I was born into the wrong environment as I LOVE the 'homesteader' life. My goal is to start a large veggie/flower garden this spring/summer so I can stay steeped in the dirt & sunshine. Just wanted to give you a shout-out and a smile. Also, your blog has a new reader in me! :-)

February 17, 2017 at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home