Friday, November 18, 2016

November Rain

Folks, Thank you for your readership, book purchases, sharing posts and essays and all you do to keep up with this farm. For six years now this little farmhouse in Jackson has been my home. Through thick and thin, it has been the place good food has been grown, community built, books written, and stories shared. And do you want to hear some good news? I'm not going anywhere.

Since 2014 Cold Antler Farm has been touch and go. It still is touch and go, if I'm being honest but the reason I am certain I'm not going anywhere isn't because of some fiscal luck or fancy opportunity that came my way. It's because this morning I realized I have been running scared for two years, and I am still here.  There is comfort in a track record. Every time the wolf has been beating down the door I rallied and figured it out. Sometimes it was luck. Sometimes it was you. Sometimes it was pushing myself in other areas - like running the Half Marathon or facing some demons. But 6 years at this address has made me stronger. I'm a better farmer, writer, and woman than I was before I signed the paperwork to buy this house. And as I write this the lights are still on, projects are being pitched, the fire is burning, and the animals are fed.

I am working hard on logos, future farm sales, illustrations, Birchthorn, and freelance work. I am getting my voice out online through social media, videos, and platforms yet seen. I am aggressively pitching sales of fiddle classes, pork shares, logos, and artwork. This month has been the hardest on record so far. I think with the political climate being what it is, speaking publicly about politics was a dangerous choice. Some people no longer what to own my books or read this blog because of it. Some are upset they purchased logos from me. Not because they are unhappy with the work, but because of my politics or social media.

So this November I ask those who do wish to support CAF, to do so. If you think a logo, fiddle class, or an illustration would make a nice Christmas gift, do let me know? You can email me for details about gift vouchers and available times. If you are strapped for cash and too far away to attend a class please share a favorite blog post or book rec online - that is just as amazingly helpful. If you want to pitch in five bucks for the words and pictures I post here for free, there is a donate button below in this post. And if you just want to send some words of encouragement - Lord knows I could use them right now.

Thank you for reading, even through this particular November. I'm still here.


13 Comments:

Blogger seagoddess said...

I'm unemployed at the moment but as long as my dog has food, I'm okay. So I'm kinda right there with you but can't offer fiddle lessons, or pork. I'm a writer, too but man it's hard to find work.

November 18, 2016 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Christina S said...

Hi Jenna,

I am glad to hear that you are not going anywhere!!! I love your work, and your dreams of running a farm..those are my dreams too, and not many people have dreams or views like that. I believe that hard times keep us going...if we all had millions we would be board all the time!! I love struggles, and they do make us stronger.

As far as the politics thing goes...we are all adults...except for those people who are childish enough to cut off contact because someone does not have the same views as they...that is the silliest thing I have ever heard!!
I will continue to read everything you put out,
Not because we have the same political views, but because you are an awesome writer, and I am sure you do great logos too :).

Thanks for staying strong!!

Christina Saunders
Sandy Paw Farm
Mears MI

November 18, 2016 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger bookkm said...

Try hard not to go anywhere. I will take your request to heart and support you however I can. Your blog is (insert wild praise here. Any word I think of right now seems hackneyed.) It truly is.

November 18, 2016 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Things aren't tragic and I will figure it out. This post was just asking for support if you have support to give. If not, that's okay too. NOW! Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

November 18, 2016 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Wilton Granger said...

Hi

As part of my revolt against BAU, I try to avoid sending money via online credit cards. I understand there is a fee that the business must pay, so you don't get 100% of the money.
So will you please post your mailing address and I'll send you a check or cash.

Thanks for what you are doing.
Eileen

November 18, 2016 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Kellie Steele said...

I live in Australia and would like to purchase your books. What would be the best way to do this to maximise your best interests financially. Through Amazon etc or do you sell them personally?

November 18, 2016 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Jenna, I see so much bad behavior from the adults around me. It is amazing. Men seem to reach an age when they say anything that pops into their minds, with no self-control...I live with one. He even insults me quite often. I think that this election brought out the worst in many people. I think that you are doing the right things to keep your farm, diversity is the key. Keep writing your blog, I support you,

November 18, 2016 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Birchthorn! Oh YAY! What else needs to be done? When can I get a copy? Do you think by Christmas?

November 19, 2016 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Birchthorn!? Oh YAY! Where are you on this? Can I get a copy soon? Christmas maybe???

November 19, 2016 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger A.L. M. said...

I totally support what you are doing and love your writing. You are part of my daily routine and force me to kick my ass into gear. And by that, I mean kick my ass into properly acknowledging my secret dreams and doing something - anything - toward honoring them.

November 21, 2016 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Tri City Photographer said...

Hi Jenna I was first introduced to your writing about a year ago. Your article made me laugh and ponder upon your wonderful writing ability. One of the things I remember you writing was how you had whiskey dancing in your veins while you enjoyed a hot tub at a friends house. Have always remembered that line.

I plan to come back to your blog often and read your writings.
You inspire me with your fierce determination!!

Jamie in the East Tennessee mountains

November 24, 2016 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Tri City Photographer said...

Hi Jenna I was first introduced to your writing about a year ago. Your article made me laugh and ponder upon your wonderful writing ability. One of the things I remember you writing was how you had whiskey dancing in your veins while you enjoyed a hot tub at a friends house. Have always remembered that line.

I plan to come back to your blog often and read your writings.
You inspire me with your fierce determination!!

Jamie in the East Tennessee mountains

November 24, 2016 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Tri City Photographer said...

Hi Jenna I was first introduced to your writing about a year ago. Your article made me laugh and ponder upon your wonderful writing ability. One of the things I remember you writing was how you had whiskey dancing in your veins while you enjoyed a hot tub at a friends house. Have always remembered that line.

I plan to come back to your blog often and read your writings.
You inspire me with your fierce determination!!

Jamie in the East Tennessee mountains

November 24, 2016 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home