Friday, November 11, 2016

Hay Pickup

I picked up a truck load of hay with Friday. The sun as bright and the sky was blue. When all was loaded I went into the farmhouse and had coffee with Mark and Patty. We talked about the election. We talked about You're the Worst. We just talked as friends over coffee. It was a nice change for me having spent most of the time since the election running, doing push ups, or sit ups. I just wanted to be exhausted and feel strong at the same time. If that makes sense.

I love my friends, my dogs, my farm. My goals over the next few months are highly personal, but the import of them seems even moreso now. I have a lot to get off my chest and I'm really lucky that I found writing as my way to feel less alone in a very turbulent world. Expect to hear about most of that here. Expect the next two years to be a wild ride if you keep following my story. 

In related news, I found a buck for my does. He's a nubian cross and ready for pickup soon as I gather the funds to purchase him. Sadly, he is being sold to me by a local friend who happens to be Transgendered. He and his wife are leaving the country. They don't feel safe anymore. We were talking this morning and it was heartbreaking. You know what he was most upset about? It wasn't the hate or the fear he's experienced - it was the apathy. The fact that so many people didn't vote, don't care, and won't be bothered to consider how that affects people outside their own social bubble.

Sun bright. Blue sky. We're not alone. 

6 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I am not an activist, I am not a warm, huggy person, I am retired and living on a small income. That is to say, I cannot rally people or surround them in love or contribute to the causes I believe in. What I can do is send a small donation to you to help you purchase that buck. My heart is so broken, my faith in humanity is at an all time low, but I still believe in individuals. Please keep writing, working, and giving hope to us all.

November 11, 2016 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

I am angry - that a person who only tolerates healthy white males will be making decisions for everyone in this beautiful country. I will no longer read the newspaper, no longer watch TV, no longer look at internet news sites, and no longer be on Facebook. I cannot be a part of this - at least not right now - my mental health is crumbling and I need to take care of myself. My only hope is that people will take the time to see each other in a new way and show kindness towards someone who may be "different" than them. (I hate to even use that word.) I will send a donation for your buck as well. And I will be here for the long haul and the 'wild ride'! Thank you for making me smile today, just by being your wonderful self.

November 11, 2016 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger PansWife said...

I'm angry too, but when people leave it just makes the opposition bigger winners. I seriously looked into moving 30 years ago and discovered unless you have a lot of money or highly specialized skills other nations don't want us any more than we want them. Even if you have family in another country it does not guarantee you can work there. I hope your friends decide to stay. even if they don't want to be on the front lines. Just their daily presence here is a good reminder that we are all unique in some ways but it should not have a negative impact on our common humanity. Assuming this new administration does blow up the planet quickly with war or quietly with accelerated climate change, I'm going to be here to vote against them and support organizations that want to make things better for everyone. Wishing you all better times.

November 12, 2016 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger Justine said...

I am excited to see the changes that will be coming! I pray to the gods that not only our country but our whole world will be ok. I would have been concerned either way the election went. Love yourblog and your writing your a brave woman!

November 12, 2016 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger pam said...

Jenna please listen to Rhiannon Giddens version of Freedom Highway on you Tube.STAY STRONG. Pam from the Wisconsin River Valley.

November 12, 2016 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Renee M. said...

Oh dear. . . I hope your friend doesn't live to regret his decision. I seriously do not think things are going to be as dire as people are fearful of. I bet most people will not even notice any changes in their everyday lives. Give it a chance folks. Slow down, breathe. Everyone needs to just chill. Panicking and making knee-jerk decisions never does anyone any good. It will be alright.

November 19, 2016 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home