Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Soap & Mitts!

Such a wonderful visit yesterday with some readers from Ontario. They are friends that work together in an office, and one of them happened upon my book in the library - One Woman Farm. She read it and then loaned it to her coworker. Nothing extraordinary about that I suppose. People share books all the time, right? But then something really cool happened that is a reality of the reader/author relationship in 2016. They said, “Let’s go meet her!”

Many authors are accessible, especially in the world of homesteading. Many of us teach classes or workshops. Knowing this, they googled me, found my blog, saw that I held events and planned a trip. They found a hotel in Lake George and pulled into my dirt driveway yesterday AM.

Together we toured the farm, shared stories, made milk-based soaps step-by-step (in which they scented with mint and pumpkin spice and buried small jewels into!). I sent them home with a signed book and two-pounds of soap and directions to head home via the lovely Saratoga Springs so they could grab a meal and some Deathwish Coffee. It was a fun, half-day workshop and I got to meet some of the people who took the time to read about Merlin and Gibson, my sheep and my heart here on the farm.

Also, I was gifted this hand knit pair of mittens from the wool of New Brunswick sheep! As someone whose knitting skill set ends at hat and scarf - this is pretty much magic to me. Thank you so much for being a part of the story, ladies! My antlers (and hands) will not be cold today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy Hoff said...

and THAT is what it's all about. Re-read this when the assholes are trying to drag you down. You are doing something right. And wonderful.

October 25, 2016 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger EZ said...

I'm sorry, but jewels in soap sounds a little too...abrasive.

October 25, 2016 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Ha! Not tiny diamonds, more like tumbled stones in different quartz styles. Think marbles, not edges!

October 26, 2016 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home