Monday, October 3, 2016

SAUCY NIGHT!

Tonight after work I'll be making and putting up sauce! The local farm stand down the road has cases of tomatoes for ten bucks. Not a bad deal for a mix of reds, pastes, yellows and heirlooms! They are "seconds" which just means imperfect. But in the sauce pan bruises don't matter baby. I am so excited for a homemade sauce dinner over some pasta and a house that will smell amazing as it simmers all afternoon. I'll try not to drool on my keyboard in the meantime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue Sullivan said...

Oh, man, you have to dish your recipe!

We are likely to get our first frost Thursday night, so I have a few colanders of tomatoes to bring in before then. I'm hoping it gets cold enough to need to run the wood stove, so I can simmer the sauce on that for the day and not have to spend electricity.

October 3, 2016 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home