Tuesday, October 18, 2016

One Woman's Trash...

Yesterday and today were busy as hell. Days oddly warmed and therefore packed with work indoors and out. It is only Tuesday and I am ten-clients in to this week already and preparing a large art mailing down at the post office. I have art to mail as far as Germany and as close as New Hampshire. I have also been working through logos - all of this is done indoors and last night as thunder rolled and an odd storm pushed through the valley - I was celebrating a little victory. A friend of a friend had about thirty pumpkins she didn't want. They were leftovers from decorating for a party, and so I got to roll up with my truck and get as many as I wanted (as well as some apples and squash)! This is a great thing because I am feeding five pigs and they LOVE pumpkins! You can see that from the photographic evidence above!

Also, Aya Cash had her longest flight ever on the creance and is coming to the lure with real drive. I think she is ready to fly free. I might let her go as soon as Friday, and then the real rest of our partnership begins. At that point she can either stick with me by choice or take off. But watching her zoom across the yards of open field at Livingston Brook Farm last night was a real thing of beauty. I can't hide my high, the joy of seeing the hours and time pay off. Tonight we're just going to watch a movie together, her on my fist while the dogs chomp their kibble. But these past few days I got a few lucky breaks and the results of all these weeks of work with the hawk are coming to a new chapter in our story.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ngo Family Farm said...

Awesome!!

October 19, 2016 at 1:18 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

My piggies LOVED pumpkins. We used to call it pig candy. After Halloween, a local pick your own pumpkin farmer would let us drive our truck into his field and glean as much as we could before it was all plowed under.

October 19, 2016 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger dc said...

Yays for good days!! :)

October 20, 2016 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger English sheep gal said...

Yeah for free pumpkins, last year my coworkers brought theirs in for me once they'd finished with them as home and garden decorations. I broke them into fist sized chunks and froze them in ziplok bags. Defrosted one bag a week, giving the chickens 'fresh' FREE veg to liven up their limited winter diet of layers pellets at a time when their usual extras of plants and bugs were all buried in snow.

October 20, 2016 at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home