Wednesday, October 12, 2016


October is a month for ghosts, for sure. Thanks to Twitter I discovered this author and his book, and have enjoyed it when the sun goes down and the wind picks up. It is a collection of American stories - the ghosts people believe in and the places they haunt - but the real depth of the book is looking into the history of these people and places. The best review I saw said - "Come for the Ghosts, Stay for the History" and I agree. It's digestible and easy to sit back and relax with - but spooky enough to appease that October itch.

More updates from the farm later today. It's already been an interesting morning with neighbors, horses, and  goat in the living room but all news is good news. Getting ready for a visit from my parents this weekend and the slaughter date for few lambs. Patty and I will be preparing fleeces for  tannery together and I hope to explain that process and get some pictures.

Still haven't got another cord of wood in, but hope to soon. It has to wait for some other bills to be addressed first but I am continuing a sale of artwork and logos. If you see a lot of posts about that here it's because out of ten people who might email about artwork or a logo for more information, maybe three respond back? And out of those three, maybe one actually becomes a sale. But you don't get any sales without asking! So I will continue to offer the art sales and services here. And in my line of work (publishing) everything can change with an email from my agent or a surprise interview. I remain optimistic, relentlessly so.


Blogger Jamie J said...

Thanks for the book suggestion! I'm always looking for more ghost books- a girl can never have too many.

October 12, 2016 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Did you say horse in the house? Never done that myself.

October 12, 2016 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home