Monday, September 26, 2016

Fleeces For Sale!

I have several lambs already sold and being butchered in a few weeks. The meat is called for, but the fleeces (tanned hides with the wool on them) are available for $200 to anyone interested in buying one or several. They will be skinned after being slaughtered and the skins cooled, salted, and prepped to to be shipped to a tannery in Pennsylvania. It takes up to six months to get the fleeces back but when they arrive I will ship them to those who buy them. If you are interested please email me at


Blogger Kristen Judkins said...

Just FYI - there is a new natural tannery in Randolph, VT, Vermont Natural Sheepskins. Check them out, they don't use chemicals at all, turnaround time is about the same. Beautiful product, maintaining fleece charachteristics and sheepy smell. They'll be at the Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival this coming weekend (me too!) if you are interested in checking them out.

September 26, 2016 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Kristen, thank you! Have you used them? Know of their rates? I am going off the model and pricing my friend Patty uses for her sheep fleeces.

September 26, 2016 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger Kristen Judkins said...

Yes, I tried them out with one of my Finn ram lamb fleeces last year, and it is To Die For!! Rates were reasonable too, definitely comparable to Buck's County prices. I'll have it with me in my booth at VT Sheep and Wool, come by and check it out, say hello :)

Link to the pricing guide :

September 27, 2016 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Sold Out!

September 27, 2016 at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home