Sunday, September 25, 2016

33 Degrees!

Good morning from a chilly farm! First morning near freezing here and it isn't even October! I lit a fire and am enjoying some coffee here with the dogs. This is the transition season at this farmhouse. A time to get sweaty and overheated stacking firewood so you can be cozy and comfortable come snow fly. A time where I still sleep in my upstairs bedroom under warm covers, because the upstairs hasn't been shut down for winter (Why heat a second story just to sleep?). I am hoping to order a second cord of wood this week if I can manage, the first cord is nearly all stacked and in. The local farm stand had a 50lb bag of potatoes for sale for $20 so I bought it as part of winter storage. Potato soup tonight by the fire with a scary movie and sweet dog!? Yes, please!


Blogger Jessica said...

I would not be able to do scary movies alone, at night, in the country! But more power to you! I do like the dog/ wood fire part.

September 25, 2016 at 11:31 PM  
Blogger My Gift For said...

great article. One thing I've never seen quantified is the amount of food produced by city residents but not for commercial sales purposes. It must be gigantic. I am concerned that not quantifying this aspect of local production under-estimates a city's food production.

September 27, 2016 at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home