Monday, May 2, 2016

Little Fox

This little fox is sleeping tight, and hand drawn, inked, and colored on a postcard. It is ready to mail. If you would like this little guy to show up at your home with some words of encouragement, just leave a comment here. There is no price for the fox. The fox is a gift. I want to send it off with kind words to a random reader as a thank you for following along here with Cold Antler. Leave a comment and I'll pick someone and announce it in the comments, and then ask that person to email me with their address or the address of someone they would like to send the fox to. That's all for today, from rainy Jackson.


Blogger Cassandra said...

Aw, he's so cute! If my comment is selected, could you send it to a friend?

May 2, 2016 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger Ohiofarmgirl said...

yay! funnest thing ever!

May 2, 2016 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger Diana Campbell said...

What a lovely thought & what a beautiful piece of art. I love your tenacity & strength of spirit. Enjoy the rain!

May 2, 2016 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

Love your blog, YouTube & facebook. I don't do Twitter! You are an amazing writer and I am so glad to beautiful part of tour followers!

May 2, 2016 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Thistle Hill Cottage said...

I rarely comment, but follow you often. Thank you for all you do and for sharing your life and art with us! You are an inspiration. <3

PS Love this little guy! In case I don't win, will you be selling copies?

May 2, 2016 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Kelly Sedinger said...

Yup, that's a cute fox, I tell you what! :)

May 2, 2016 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Julie Parrott said...

Love the fox! I found your book made from scratch last year, since then I have moved to the country, started my first garden, got a farm dog and some ducks! You're an inspiration!

May 2, 2016 at 6:22 PM  
Blogger Colleen Vanderlinden said...

Adorable little fox! Love the colors.

May 2, 2016 at 6:23 PM  
OpenID bodhifox said...

My daughter wants to be like you. Don't blame her.

May 2, 2016 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Terri Wallace said...

If chosen, I'd like to give the fox to my mom. Today was her first day of chemo and radiation for lung cancer. The Celts thought the fox was a guide. And my mom will need a guide to see her through this journey.

May 2, 2016 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger aart said...

It's lovely.....the red fox is my favorite wild animal.

May 2, 2016 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger Carol Gafford said...


May 2, 2016 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Cardhu Anon said...

All that you give are gifts, Jenna.

May 2, 2016 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Denton, Texas said...

I love your fox, it's so sweet! We have one in our neighborhood woods; I've never seen it, but my husband has.

May 2, 2016 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Everley St. Peter said...

Adorable sleeping fox! 'Nuf said

May 2, 2016 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger jack mattke said...

if chosen, send it to Ann Art---she seems to be doing well, but we all can benefit from encouragement

May 2, 2016 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Cindie said...

Wonderful fox! A friend of mine loves and collect foxes.
Enjoy your blog so much.

May 2, 2016 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Fungus Queen said...

I am really far away overseas so I don't know if the fox is able to swim ;) but I think he is adorable ! The fox is one of my favorite animal, eventho he likes to eat my chickens. I understand the importance of them feeding themselves as we do, even if it's on my favorite hen. Oh well ! It is really sweet of you to think about us. :)

May 2, 2016 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Kitty Dilatush said...

Hi Jenna, I think it is wonderful that with all you have been through this Winter that you are taking the time to make someone else feel good and who ever receives this will certainly have a smile on their face!! It is hard to not give in to self pity and have our lives be all about ourselves and I would have to say you are a female warrior and you just keep giving it your all to achieve what you want out of life and finding the courage and the back bone to stand up be accounted for! Continue on and enjoy every moment.

May 2, 2016 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Karen Talamantez said...

No need to enter me in for the drawing (<<<See what I did there?) but I wish you all good things, healthy kids, enough money to cover your bills, a good batch of cider, happy dogs, compliant horse, and a reliable, working pick up truck.


May 2, 2016 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger Bobbie Brown said...

So cuuuute!!��

May 2, 2016 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Diane in VT said...

It's beautiful! I stopped to watch one of these guys playing on the side of the road on my drive home tonight.

May 2, 2016 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger 3 Dogs Barking Farms said...

Now that is a darn cute fox! The picture is making me smile so thank you!

May 2, 2016 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

I so enjoy your blog - thank you for sharing yourlife with us

May 2, 2016 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Alicia-Marie Lavoie said...

Hi Jenna:

I have followed your blog for a few years now. Your tenacity and scrappiness are admirable. Despite obstacles, you know what you want for yourself, yet you also appreciate the journey - both the good and trying times. Enjoy every moment.

May 2, 2016 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Jodi Rhodes said...

What do you get when you cross a Lannister and a Lannister? King Joffrey.😊

May 2, 2016 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Jodi Rhodes said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 2, 2016 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger DarcC said...

This is a fabulous gift! I would have it sent to a friend.

May 2, 2016 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Caitlin Gerhart said...

Wonderful as always. I dream of having half the talent you do.

May 2, 2016 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Dot said...

What a lovely idea and artwork! :-)

May 2, 2016 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger sarah e blog said...

My daughter has a sweet affection for foxes even when I have shoot one eating my chickens. She feels drawn to them. And draw she does. Quite well..for her age. She would flip over this!

May 2, 2016 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Christee said...

You are a true inspiration Jenna! I love reading your books & blog and have for years.

May 2, 2016 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Nicely drawn : ) LISA

May 2, 2016 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I know you have been fighting really hard to not lose what you have, and the wolf is at the door. But you are a strong woman and very resourceful. You are an inspiration for many! Keep fighting, you got this girl!!

May 2, 2016 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Rosybee said...

Your blog is such an inspiration to my family. So glad we get to follow you on your journey

May 2, 2016 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger FACSAP Schulz said...

What a wonderful way to put positive energy out there!

May 2, 2016 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Kim McInerney said...

Adorable! This would be such a wonderful gift to get. I love this idea!

May 2, 2016 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I love all your new art work but this one touches my heart. We just lost our almost 11 year old Pom last month. He was a chocolate Pom and looked just like a little fox. We only had him for a year and adopted him knowing he only had about a year because of congestive heart failure but so much love! I called him Little Fox. Keep up your great art and thanks for sharing!

May 2, 2016 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I love all your new art work but this one touches my heart. We just lost our almost 11 year old Pom last month. He was a chocolate Pom and looked just like a little fox. We only had him for a year and adopted him knowing he only had about a year because of congestive heart failure but so much love! I called him Little Fox. Keep up your great art and thanks for sharing!

May 2, 2016 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Ducky said...

Oh my gosh, that fox is so adorable. And way to go, Jenna, for throwing love and encouragement out there.

May 2, 2016 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Nastasha Nelle' said...

Love your art work keep it up lady!

May 2, 2016 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Paul Molnar said...

Too many talents for one person. Lovely Jenna.

May 2, 2016 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Nate Madd said...

It is beautiful, you are quite the talented lady.

May 2, 2016 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Legend Brightscales said...

Funny I should check your blog today. We are moving to North Central PA and while putting things in order in our new home in the Appalachian Mountains we see this beautiful grey fox staring at us outside our window. So glad to be moving from the city even if it is in FL.
Found your blog about a year and a half ago. Started reading through from beginning and really enjoyed sharing your journey. We are just starting our journey. We are a bit older than you but still able to enjoy working a farm. This has been our dream for 25 years. I guess it's never too late.

May 2, 2016 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

She's adorable! Wonder what that fox says?


May 2, 2016 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger kbrow said...

Oh, love the sweet little fox!

May 2, 2016 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...


May 2, 2016 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Love the fox! I've read all your book and
Love them also... more please!

May 2, 2016 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Kristina Mercedes said...

So lovely. Could totally use some words of encouragement tonight. Thank you for doing such a sweet thing.

May 2, 2016 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

You are so talented. Thank you

May 2, 2016 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Charlie St. Berdoodle said...

I have a fox in the henhouse (on purpose - no hens!), that is permitted, and was used for educational programs. Would love some of your artwork on my walls.
Take care!

May 2, 2016 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger Amy K. Lester said...

Best wishes, and you go, girl!! :)

May 2, 2016 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Mazie said...

Darling foxy! Such a multi-talent you are Jenna - I see children's books in your future! :)

May 2, 2016 at 11:50 PM  
Blogger Malka E said...

Very Sweet! <3

May 3, 2016 at 12:00 AM  
Blogger Vicki Alderman-Watt said...

love it. If I didn't already frame mine I would send them back to you for color.

May 3, 2016 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger Megan Brady said...

This fox reminds me of my kitty Winchester. Thank you for sharing your dreams and giving me hope and inspiration for a simple life.

May 3, 2016 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Alassel said...

He's a beautiful little fox. You're lovely for offering to send this little bit of love out into the world, thank you. I'd be honored to give him a home should you choose me. :)

May 3, 2016 at 12:32 AM  
Blogger Little Dash Rambler said...

Such a lovely, calming "peace" of art!

May 3, 2016 at 12:34 AM  
Blogger Andrea Sullivan said...

My daughters, 7 & 8, love your artwork... you are so talented Jenna!! The girls want you to write and illustrate a children's book about your farm!!

May 3, 2016 at 1:52 AM  
Blogger papersparrow said...

Adorable little fox. Hope your goats drop their kids soon :) Best wishes from a rainy Wisconsin.

May 3, 2016 at 2:11 AM  
Blogger Tricky Wolf said...

love the fox, It may be resting now but I bet its a mischievous imp!

May 3, 2016 at 3:50 AM  
Blogger Harmony Hill said...

Fox, the sly and sweet trickster. My wonderful mother always wore her lucky fox earrings to Dr's appointments as her good luck charm. They are wonderful mothers and teachers. But not if you're a chicken.

May 3, 2016 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger AnnieDrews said...

What a beautiful fox! I would love this postcard so I could frame it. My dog, Roger, has always reminded me of a fox and he has such a sweet story. He was rescued from an animal hoarder before we adopted him and we love him to death. On Oct. 26 2015, he dug under our fence and disappeared. Two months later, on CHRISTMAS MORNING, a friend spotted him running around within a mile of my home. We went and rounded him up and it turned out to be the best Christmas of my life. Here is a link to a picture of us on my FB account.

May 3, 2016 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Anna G said...

Dear Jenna, I love your drawings - which is why I am also very excited about our logo discussions with you - we are gathering ideas for you to start with ! I love the little fox, he looks so peaceful !
All the best from Germany (I'd participate in postage), Anna

May 3, 2016 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Lisa Thériault said...

He is beautiful!

May 3, 2016 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Love your words and drawings!

May 3, 2016 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

Shhhh everybody shhhh he's sleeping!!! He should feature in a comic when he wakes up! Love ya Jenna, hope you get a couple of wonderful goat kids soon!

May 3, 2016 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Simply lovely - seeing your artistic side is amazing. You're known for your farming grit and gumption, but now we get to see your beautiful artistry and it's like a whole other Jenna. Thank you for sharing it with us!

May 3, 2016 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Debbie Marshall said...

How sweet! I would love some words of friendship, my 13 yr old Cattledog/aussie mix is having one ailment after another, but so far...she is still enjoying life. Her birthday is May 5th.

May 3, 2016 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

what a warm comforting drawing. I would love to receive this beautiful fox to give to my best friend Pam Fox! I love your art Jenna, please direct me where I may purchase. I would love to see your rendition of my Clydesdale Jackson!

Have a great day.

May 3, 2016 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Sandra or anyone interested in buying custom images: I sell them online for sure - email me at

for 9x12"

sketch: $50
ink: $75
color: $150

May 3, 2016 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Beams of Pure Light said...

What a content and satisfied looking little fox. This fox reminds me of you being where you want to be and living the life you have chosen and work so hard for.

May 3, 2016 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Yellow Wolf Farm said...

I never kill or trap foxes on my farm. They are beautiful creatures and a much needed part of the Eco system. Yes, I have fed them a few fat hens and ducks over the years, but I don't mind donating a little fresh food for new fox kits. Random acts of kindness will always make the world a better place. We need kindness so much in this day and time.

May 3, 2016 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger elsie said...

A little encouragement is always welcome in farming. We have an urban farm of milk goats, garden and laying ducks. For the most part I feel lucky and fulfilled by farming but with a full time job and pick up work to help make ends meet, it gets exhausting. On my good days tending to the new and old livestock and garden feels like a privilege and it is a joy to share with others (children in the neighborhood, neighbors and friends that all want to come see the babies). On my less generous days I am resentful that I am doing so much work and other people just get to check in for the fun parts without ever realizing how consuming (physically & emotionally) it is.

May 3, 2016 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Tracee Dawn said...

as always friend, your words( and deeds) are what I need to hear.

May 3, 2016 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Black Cat Gardening said...

What an adorable fox!

May 3, 2016 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

This is beautiful!

May 3, 2016 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Molson said...

You are so kind and thoughtful.

May 3, 2016 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I love foxes. I have a small circle of wood with a little fox painted on it in my kitchen. Love that little picture. We have had several families of foxes over the years raise their babies in an old broken down barn across the road from us. Thanks for the chance to win some of your wonderful artwork.


May 3, 2016 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger ebwhite said...

Oh, I would love to have the postcard. Please send it to Houston for me.

May 3, 2016 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa Kalan said...

A fox is my spirit animal. And I could so use some encouragement right now.

May 3, 2016 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Miss Victoria said...

What a nice idea! I find you so encouraging ... thank you.

May 3, 2016 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said... lovely, iron-willed, auburn-haired daughter graduates from high school in a couple of weeks. She is a fox fangirl who could use a good word from a strong young woman like you as she heads out to find her purpose in this big world.

May 3, 2016 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Ngo Family Farm said...

Aw, love the little fox! You're very generous to gift it :)

May 3, 2016 at 11:36 PM  
Blogger Angela B. said...

What a kind and thoughtful gesture. You are an inspiration to all of us who have the same dream. :)


May 4, 2016 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Very sweet painting! It would go well with the wildlife blanket I am cross-stitching for my grandnephew due in September. :)

May 4, 2016 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I love seeing your drawings, so impressed that you can write *and* draw. Would be an honour to have this fox on the wall at home, something to keep our spirits up by and remind me of your courage.

May 4, 2016 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

And the winner is TIffany! Who posted May 3rd at 10AM, email me with details where to mail?

May 4, 2016 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Heather-Anne said...

These are amazing. Is there a children's book in the future?

May 10, 2016 at 3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home