Friday, March 25, 2016

Tumblr & Little Wins

So a couple of days ago I couldn't sleep. I was so worried about this farm, being the farthest behind in the mortgage in my five-year history here. Today I mailed a payment, and while I am still behind I couldn't stop smiling as I dropped it off at the mailbox. Why? Because part of the money in the bank paying for the roof over my head came from drawing again. Intact is now a legit webcomic, and already has followers on Tumblr. Readers who follow me on Facebook are commissioning art. Folks are buying cartoon versions of their cats and dogs, horses and mules. And I am getting back the joy of drawing in the American Animation style I love so much. People who have never met my dogs are starting to get to know them. Gibson, the wiser, older, calm and smart farm dog. Friday, the total goof off who brings much needed light into the farm's life. Income is coming in from art. I am really happy about that. It is encouraging as hell.

Want to follow Intact: follow me on Tumblr here.


Blogger sarah e blog said...

Awesome! Work that generates income and happens to be an artistic passion. Kick ass! Bravo Jenna:-)

March 25, 2016 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

This is great news Jenna. I hope this comic brings in lots of mortgage payments!

March 25, 2016 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger gothicmuse said...

It sounds like you've turned a corner/page/insert your favorite metaphor here. I am sure that you will ride this swell into more security and mental comfort. How lovely that you have this talent to resurrect and put into play. Your financial floor is similar to a jigsaw puzzle. Small pieces, like your logo work, writing, drawing and farm-related income, join together to create a foundation that you build upon by adding other/more small pieces here and there.

Here's to the future puzzle pieces falling into place.

March 26, 2016 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger Nerissa said...

Is there a way to follow without joining Tumblr? I don't want another thingy but would like to follow along.

March 26, 2016 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger damnyankee said...

You are very talented Jenna...

March 26, 2016 at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home