Monday, February 29, 2016

Only Update

I thought I saw a dead lamb in the field.
It was a rock.
Still scared the piss out of me.
I need to drink less coffee.


Blogger Cat H said...

or more whiskey

February 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Harmony Hill said...

Maybe skip "Rocky" as a lamb name this round... You could have nightmares.

February 29, 2016 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Rowan Miller said...

Your blog needs a like button for posts lol! When I read this, wine came out my nose snort!! But... Btdt....

February 29, 2016 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Rowan Miller said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 29, 2016 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Jenna thats a terrible scare.Thank goodness it was just a rock.

I have a baby monitor hooked up at my barn and it picks up a signal from 1000 ft.I purchased it at Walmart for $20 bucks. I had to position it so that the metal from the barn was not blocking the signal. I have the receiving end in the window that faces the barn in my house. Its nice to be able to hear whats outside,inside.

Just a thought.... it might help you with lambing time.Its been a great help for me. Its funny how you get tuned into certain sounds and know what they are or who is making them.Now thats its almost March the song birds singing is piped right into the house in the morning....its nice to hear them so clearly. I also hear the coyotes and owls a lot.
I have been using a baby monitor for 20 years how. If you have a way to run electric or an extension cord or buy one that uses batteries. I have the one that uses batteries also. So it could be used just for lambing season and then put up the rest of the year.

Hope you get some rest in between checks. I am off to bed past my bedtime.Take care.

February 29, 2016 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger Troll said...

My heart kind of stopped when I read the first sentence. I know the exact panic-I am happy it was only a rock (maybe relocate the rock somewhere less visible! >.< )
You say "less coffee." That's NEVER the answer. The answer is always "more coffee."

March 1, 2016 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

My brother has cows in the middle of America. He freaks out too. So much so that he sleeps outside with them in the cold of winter in a lean-to to make sure everyone arrives warm and safe.

March 1, 2016 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger jules said...

I've had that happen with my rabbits, those dern things. Had to shake the hutch, then they look at me like "What?!?"

March 1, 2016 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Cat H said...

Yeah, we do that with Sunny. When she's laying out in the yard and not moving. I look close to make sure she's still breathing. The cons of having an old dog.

March 1, 2016 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

LOL! I about died when I read the coffee comment. I do that all the time with my chickens...I think, " ACH..someone died and then they get up and are just taking a sunbath." Too much coffee, I agree.

March 9, 2016 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home