Wednesday, December 16, 2015

New Vlog: New Off-Farm Job


Blogger Cat H said...

Yay!! Hi Annie-Bananie! Miss you guys.


December 16, 2015 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

I'm doing a happy dance for you! Congratulations.

December 16, 2015 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger Glyndalyn said...

Wise move, Jenna.

December 16, 2015 at 11:33 PM  
OpenID milesawayfarm said...

VERY happy for you. Nationally, 92% of working farms have off farm income. You are not alone. :-).

December 17, 2015 at 2:22 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

congratulations Jenna ... have a wonderful time and enjoy the holidays ..

December 17, 2015 at 5:58 AM  
Blogger mdoe37 said...

Excellent! Most of the smaller farms here have an off-farm job. And usually a wife that is working that job (which also provides benefits).

Glad tidings for you this holiday season!

December 17, 2015 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Maine homesteader said...

I work "off the farm" three days a week. It provides the means to make this life possible.

December 17, 2015 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

congratulations jenna.

December 17, 2015 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

"The good thing about hitting rock bottom is you're standing on a solid foundation."..Trisha Davis

December 17, 2015 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Congratulations! Orvis is lucky to have you back.

December 17, 2015 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Pilates Paula said...

Congratulations, I'm glad it's such a good fit for you! I know several people who have taken up secondary jobs recently, myself included. We do what we gotta.

December 17, 2015 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Good for you! I think you will find self-reliance to be a better way to live. A steady paycheck means a better night's sleep as well. Hopefully this temp job will turn into permanent! Best of luck to you.

December 17, 2015 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger damnyankee said...

Fabulous news Jenna! Sometimes eyeliner is a good thing. I love necklace/choker you're wearing.

December 17, 2015 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Robin Follette said...

Congratulations! Great news. You've got the best of homesteading and corporate work tied together.

December 17, 2015 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger doglady said...

A very good friend of mine has been a homesteader for the last 30+ years. Her land was purchased from Helen and Scott Nearing. She grows all her veggies, fruits,poultry and rabbits. She also sells a good portion of what she produces. If anyone would know how to make this work without an off farm job it would be her but she too has to work off her farm.
Not having to work off farm is a dream but it isn't realistic especially when you are single.

December 17, 2015 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Annie looks and moves FANTASTIC for a 16 year old dog! What are you feeding her? What is her diet/supplements?
Lisa in Maine

December 17, 2015 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

Glad to hear, cheers, and merry Christmas!

December 17, 2015 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Jenna, I am happy for you to have this job. Wisdom, perspective, and life choices bring us to the place where you are. I think that this opportunity is terrific, working out of your home, no commute, and bringing in some regular income will help the cash flow and bills to be paid.

December 17, 2015 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger esther said...

I,m happy for you Jenna!

December 18, 2015 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

I am SO proud of you. (and I needed the encouragement and motivation)



December 18, 2015 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Christine Marble said...

Congratulations, Jenna! If this isn't the dream, it's pretty close. You've got more grease for the wheel, and you get to do it from home. Big sigh of relief...

December 18, 2015 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Congrats! I know my teaching gig (which I love) gets me through and allows me to be able to hang with my chickens, etc.... Self sufficiency can mean that you go out there and work to bring in the bucks when those are needed!

December 19, 2015 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger nese said...


December 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

That's so great to hear! I work remotely for all my jobs, and while I sometimes miss the social interaction, the freedom it gives me to live my life the way I want to is huge.

December 20, 2015 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger renate said...

yay! that's great! so happy for you.

December 23, 2015 at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home