Friday, November 13, 2015

Red Sky

It's a wet and cold Friday morning. I was outside with the dogs right at dawn and watched the sky turn from yellow to bright red and remembered that saying, "Red sky at night, shepherds' delight. Red sky at morning, shepherds' take warning." I took a long draw off my mug of coffee, and the wind picked up all around me. Blustery, like Winnie-the-Pooh-Blustery. It felt like the scene right before the sky opens up in a Sci-Fi thriller. Between that folklore about sky coloration and the movies in my head I had a whole mythology churning. It had to be a bad day, right? All the signs point to bad. The dogs didn't notice. They just played in the leaves and romped around. Gibson had herded sheep, took a dump, ate a biscuit - life was pretty great. They were like the band playing while the Titanic sunk into shark-infested waters. A duck walked by and Friday chased it. Gibson followed, throwing mud and water everywhere - including my coffee mug.

I took another long draw anyway. I guess no one gives sheepdogs the memo about portentous mornings.


Blogger Goose Goose said...

I had to google "portentous".

New word Friday.

November 13, 2015 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

We are super windy here too.I told a friend yesterday that we were having a "Winnie the Pooh day" too. I chuckled when I read what you wrote.Funny how weather can make you think of things like that.

We are very windy here but no rain today. We had that come through yesterday.I have a nice fire in the stove. I like the cooler weather.......its a nice change.Stay warm.


November 13, 2015 at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home