Monday, November 2, 2015

Rainy Day Reads!


Blogger Janina said...

I read Name of the Wind a year or two ago after you mentioned it on the blog and absolutely love it! I love that the world is so fully developed that you feel as though it would be quite possible to climb inside and live awhile. If only it were so. Thank you for the recommendation.

November 2, 2015 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger charley marcus said...

I am trying to stock up on reading material. I really am needing rainy day reads here it just keeps pouring the rain. Thanks

November 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Bernyce Perelle said...

Great!! Been waiting for a chance to recommend a book. Started it and it was so good I forced myself to stop so I would have it for the next long nasty stretch of weather when I wouldn't have to stop and start. It's perfect for you!!! It's a very long historical novel called Hawk Quest by Robert Lyndon. Heavily researched on different types of hawks and eagles used historically for sport. Found a pristine copy at a library sale. If I ever see another I will grab it for you.
Agree about Stirling and others on your list. Great choices. Have you ever read Rosemary Sutcliffe's set in Roman Britain. Well worth it. All good but Sword at Sunset among the best. She caused my obsession with early English history.

November 3, 2015 at 3:03 AM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

I tried typing and guess what happens?

CRUMMY THINGS on the computer. I'll have to remember just to google cold antler or remember BlogSpot.....

My Aspen adventure is over. the housing was terrible, but the people were great. I decided I want to pursue my life with animals. Why give up what makes me happy?!

So, farming it is!! (not sure how yet, but eventually)

And there are a ton of weather warnings right now....snow in Colorado anyone?

(reading time)

and by the way, Jenna, I can SOOOOOO relate to your wish of not being on linked in. BLEH.

November 3, 2015 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Excellent reads. I have one friend, only one that is as fascinated by these books as I am. The what if? Not from the perspective of destruction, but creation. The lives that are presented are fabulous portraits of what our lives would be like if we walked away from technology. If our hobbies became our livelihood. Endlessly fascinating.

November 3, 2015 at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home