Friday, November 20, 2015

Jessica Jones

My morning started with two cups of coffee and the pilot of Jessica Jones, post chores. I have been excited about this for weeks. It has lived up to all the hype and twitter is going insane. I fell in love about 15 minutes in. Krysten Ritter has come a long way since Gilmore Girls, baby. The Netflix show is dark, sexy, intriguing and entirely about a 33-year-old badass who enjoys whiskey a little too much. This is a Superhero I can get behind.

Also, no stupid costumes. My biggest beef with the entire Comic Book genre is the costumes. But Jessica is in jeans, leather jackets, flasks and scarves. Perfect. Also, far more relatable. Jeans and leather jackets I have. Capes and spandex? Believe it or not, none.

I will be finished with my first watching of Season 1 in under 48 hours, for sure. I'm not sure my readership would entirely like this show, but some of you would.

What does this have to do with homesteading? Nothing. But it has a lot to do with my life over the next two days. I plan on sitting on the living room floor with the laptop, working on designs, and lapping this show up. Between this and season three of GIRLS, I am getting a lot of female inspiration, and that is something a girl farming alone can use.

5 Comments:

Blogger Goose Goose said...

Maybe you should change your title to 'writer who farms sometimes'. haha! :)

I'm looking for work, so I won't knock you too hard. Just heckle.

November 20, 2015 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Good Shepherd Homestead said...

Isn't it awesome when you can multi task, or be able to change up your schedule based on the weather. That's the great thing about being self employed and a farmer. You need to be able to adjust your schedule to the weather and roll with the punches. Sometimes I have the best laid plans for the day but I just get a block about a particular task and it's good to walk away and address it later. At times I'm a morning person and then sometimes I work better late at night. Depends on my mood!

I feel sorry for those people who sit in an office all day in the stale air wishing they could be us and be outside! :)

November 20, 2015 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Laura Angelus said...

"Girls' is pretty crazy, but very addicting.

November 22, 2015 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

one of the best shows on tv now..... lovelove

November 22, 2015 at 10:45 PM  
Blogger persiusk said...

I think you're a great example for female inspiration yourself.

December 3, 2015 at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home