Thursday, November 19, 2015

A New Vlog About The Angry Internet


Blogger Linda said...

Peace to you Jenna.......Have a restful night.

November 19, 2015 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Amen. I have had to take a break from most social media lately, as I just couldn't handle the amount of anger and hate I was seeing. Thanks for not only spreading a little love and light, but also a whole lot of real world experience, knowledge, and logic in this crazy online world.

November 19, 2015 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

Be thankful in everything.

Be thankful. Be safe.

Sleep tight.

November 19, 2015 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Jenna, I have been worried about you the past several days. Your lack of blog posts is noticed by me. You are brave and bright and thoughtful. There are so many haters. I live with a hater. I have a sister who is my own personal hater (of me). The situation is difficult for me. I do have a things that you mention, a paid for farm, plentiful food, warmth, security, a regular income and health insurance. I don't read or watch much of the news, it is harmful to me, and I feel helpless. What do I do? I mind my own business and create a life that is worthy and happy. I garden, take care of my farm, and take care of myself. I avoid any volunteer activities, because they want to take over my know how groups are never ending in wanting time and are draining. I avoid the drama around me. I have stopped assisting my husband on his parts of the farming....I will not take the abuse anymore. At least I have a big house, and have my own space. When stuff is happening I can leave for a few days to visit a friend. My blog does not have any haters, but only a few readers, who rarely comment. Take care, have inner peace, and know that some of us understand.

November 20, 2015 at 12:22 AM  
Blogger English sheep gal said...

Hope you found some time for spinning or knitting on your rainy day, I find that repetitive motion calming, and while my hands are busy, my brain processes all the stuff that's bothering me.

The talk you mentioned sounds interesting, I have never heard of that lady either, could you post a link to it please?

Time to layer up in some warm clothes and let the chickens out before work, got some snow coming our way here in Buffalo, NY this weekend

November 20, 2015 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Here you go, it was just a few weeks ago.

November 20, 2015 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger Manya said...

You're in a good spot physically, to enjoy nature's peace. I hope you walk in the woods, breathe the cool fresh air, hug your pets and know that for every negative, hateful comment, there are at least two people who respect and wish you well.
Don't forget to look up girl.
Blessings to you,

November 20, 2015 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Manya said...

If you haven't seen this you should- It's a laugh & I am thinking you could use it.

"Thank You Hater"

November 20, 2015 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger Robin Follette said...

One of the best things I've done for myself mentally and physically is all but leave Facebook. I post links to new blog entries but little else. Getting away from the bashing and hate and spewing of all things ugly has let me relax and enjoy life more. Good for you for taking a break. Enjoy.

November 20, 2015 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Good Shepherd Homestead said...

The fantastic 6 are doing nothing more than driving traffic to her sights by spewing the hatred and their misery. I don't get people who can diagnose someone who they don't know based on their vlogs and blog posts. Misery loves company I guess.

November 20, 2015 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger Tubaville said...

I've pretty much left Facebook. I went back recently to see if I could build a quilting community and it made me sick. No thanks man. I'll stick to the wonderful friendships I've made on Instagram. Never a hateful word on there. And I'm mentally ill. I really enjoy your blog. I wish you would link all your videos up here as I follow you on Feedly and I'm not savvy about YouTube. I've tried but it just doesn't make sense to me.

November 20, 2015 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Hi Jenna. That is a difficult place to be in. It is an experience I do not have because I tend to keep the 'real' feelings, the strong emotions to myself. Or, at least within my household and very close friends. In other words, I don't put myself 'out there', in a position where I can be attacked. I have never been proud of this, but I know I couldn't handle that kind of negativity thrown my way and so I have learned to only open my mouth in a safe environment.
You are a strong person, and that is why, like Dooce, you have a presence in the world.
Dooce has a huge personality, and so she gets back what she puts out there. She gets tons of love and plenty of hate and it is her job to figure out what to do with it all.
Although I have been changing as I get older, the negative always stood out to me, overwhelming all the positive, and so I could never voice my opinions aloud. I have always envied those who could, and we need those people. We need to have the big voices, and hopefully, all our little voices will add up to being enough support when the tough stuff comes up, as it so violently has recently.
All my best,

November 20, 2015 at 10:37 AM  
OpenID berkshireporker said...

Thank-you for this, inspirational as always :)

November 20, 2015 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Daniel MacNeal said...

Yes! Compassion! Gods bless your brave & compassionate soul.

There's a lyric in the middle verse of "Until We Meet Again"...

May our children and their descendants be the ones who find a lasting peace.
May our hopes and dreams become united. May the past be left for those who hate.

Great rendition by Barrage here:


November 20, 2015 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger Sprite said...

Big hugs. Biggest hugs.

November 20, 2015 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger Runamuk Acres said...

So sorry you're having such a tough time. I know it will pass and you will persevere. Best to you Jenna! You inspire ME every day!!!

November 21, 2015 at 5:02 AM  
Blogger Johollister said...

One of the many things that is awesome about the workshops/hangouts ect. I've attended at CAF is the fact that other than to take a photo, is that NO ONE is staring at their phones. It drives me nuts when people are supposed to be interacting with the actual humans in a room,but they are staring at their phones.

November 21, 2015 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home