Monday, October 5, 2015

Prepping for October!

It has been an October of preparation so far, and that's where I have been. My parents came for a visit this past weekend and brought along my sister and her son Bryce. I was great to see the family but it meant two days of cleaning, baking, and preparation before their arrival and then three days with a toddler. I gotta say this, I run a farm alone and it isn't half as exhausting as an afternoon with a three-year-old! That aside - we mostly enjoyed local tourism and ate out. I cheated on my diet, big time, and have zero regrets but I certainly am paying for it on my runs. My body wasn't too  happy about a weekend with pizza, beer, burgers and ice cream. Hoo. I ran like a kicked dog today.

Antlerstock is this weekend and it looks like the Friday Night campfire will be canceled due to rain. That's a bummer but sitting in the dark in the rain is never a good time, so the campfire will be moved to Saturday night only. I think it will be cloudy but we might just get some weather luck in. Folks are coming from countryside and cityside for the two days of homesteading workshops, teachers, and talks! I am spending this week getting ready and planning out the final schedule based on teacher's times and such.

In other news, there are preparations for winter that need to be addressed ASAP.  Most of all there is the need to get firewood in and my friend from the Washington County Draft Animal Association, Rob Wilson, is delivering 2 cords on Wednesday. That is half of the firewood I need, and just having it here under the shed roof will be a long held sigh, released.

Oh, and speaking of the Draft Club, the last day of my family visit included a Sunday Afternoon drive, Washington County Style. Watch the vlog here! And please do subscribe to the Youtube Channel (It's free. You just click the subscribe button on the channel page), you get the videos sooner and it shows Youtube there's interest in my content!


Blogger daisy g said...

Beautiful. Just you mentioning how you break into a smile when your horse takes off, took me back to my riding days. It's a good place. Enjoy!

October 5, 2015 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Fall and horses. Is there anything better?

October 6, 2015 at 12:48 AM  
Blogger holmgrrl said...

Did your nephew love the farm?

October 6, 2015 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

I'll try this again since the 1st didn't go through. Great video showing a beautiful day with your family. You are looking so fit Jenna. Keep up the good work. Congrats!

October 7, 2015 at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home