Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Lift up Ryan!


If you have been following my story than you already know who Patty Wesner is. She is the woman who got me into horses, farm girl style. Because of Patty I learned to drive horses and she was with me on the day I met Merlin and every step of my own horse story from then on. But here is something you may not know about this amazing, strong, farm woman: she is the primary caregiver to her 29-year-old son Ryan, who is a quadriplegic. Ryan has cerebral palsy and can not use his arms and legs the way many of us can. So for him to get in and out of a wheelchair and into a vehicle for appointments and everyday travel means being physically lifted in and out by people or machine lifts. I don't think Patty would mind me saying that it is getting harder and harder for her to lift her son up into the front seat of a truck or SUV, so she is trying to fund a special lift that Ryan's insurance won't cover. You can watch this video to learn more about this small crowd-funding project for his medical equipment. Even the smallest donation helps get this piece of lovely gear to folks who need it.

For more details and to see the campaign, click here!

4 Comments:

Blogger PattyW said...

I love you and I thank you
From Ryan

October 6, 2015 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

This is such a nice idea. Prayers for your friend Patty and her son, Ryan.

October 7, 2015 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Patty is such a wonderfully caring, welcoming, and generous woman, and her son Ryan is just adorable. Please help with her crowdfunding efforts. You'll be giving a lovely family a wonderful gift. <3

October 8, 2015 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Leigh k said...

Jenna- Maybe give a shout out to Chive? They have do amazing work..

https://chivecharities.org/chive-app

October 11, 2015 at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home