Friday, September 25, 2015

New Vlog: I Got a Pig Drunk.


Blogger OzarkMt.lady said...

Love your blog. Just happened to be rereading "Cold Antler Farm" and saw your blog site. I will be heading to BattenKillBooks to start collecting the other books, especially "One Woman Farm". Great writing. Please continue.

September 25, 2015 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

Oh great. Now I need a pig.

September 25, 2015 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

I'm sitting outside with the full moon and crickets, and that's when it hit me. You haven't written about a fall solstice.

This evening is prime for cold antler writing.

September 25, 2015 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger PattiS said...

I put out fruit and apple peels for butterflies in water filled plant pot saucers. I started watching the butterflies coming to sip the liquid oozing from the peels and suddenly one of the butterflies began charging at all the others to keep them from getting his/her peels. I had never seen behavoir like that before from butterflies. I finally figured he/she was drunk because their tongue was stuck in the out position and I could smell the fermentation when I got closer to the saucer. The peels had been in the sun and fermented. I know birds can have that experience from fermented fruit on the trees and plants, but I had no idea that insects could, too.

September 26, 2015 at 1:54 AM  
Blogger nt moore said...

We've gotten muscovey ducks drunk for years. When the melons spend too much time in the field they ferment, and the ducks find them and have a good time... Chickens seem immune however.

September 27, 2015 at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home