Friday, September 18, 2015

Early to Rise (Usually!)

My regular wake up time is around 5:45 AM. That gives me enough time right now before daylight (the start of morning chores with the animals) to let out the dogs, feed the cats, stretch, make coffee, and sit down to emails, writing and graphic design work for an hour or so before full light and the animals are ready for their breakfasts (usually around 7AM). This morning I did just that, like usual, and have had a pretty productive morning. I'm working on a logo for a fiber farm, send a food truck final design files, and sent updates to two other clients as well as the delightful balance that is moving chicken tractors to fresh grass, having Gibson move the sheep from the horse paddock to their own pen, and the usual pig sloppin' and water haulin' that is my morning workout. Here I am with coffee at 7:30 and the farm is quiet. It's that special quiet that people who raise livestock come to savor like a sip of good brandy. Right now, all is well.

And then there are mornings like yesterday...


Blogger Goose Goose said...

You're Knockin' it out of the park!

My limited cages prevents me from having my mama's with the babies. (no real hutch) So, for the first few weeks, they were in with them, then the 3rd week, I'd bring in the mama and her 7 babies and put them in the mud room, while the other mama could have the bigger pen. They were getting used to being transferred.

I beat myself up for not having a hutch and then I think back to Salatin, who says, stay small, be maneuverable and flexible. That, I am! I keep buying cages and kennels on craigslist and cleaning them twice a week.

Go Rabbits!!
Go Sweet Dogs who jazz up the music of our hearts!! (I have a mixed breed collie--he's a genius!)

Go Jenna!!

September 18, 2015 at 9:07 AM  
OpenID peacelovepointers said...

Love, love, LOVE Gibson and Friday! I've always wanted a Border Collie. Our Molly is excited for chores every day as well; I always know it's time to feed the chickens when she starts staring at me and wagging her tail.

September 18, 2015 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger DarcC said...

Omg too funny. In retrospect, of course.

September 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Ohiofarmgirl said...

ha! Friday is such a pip! and now i want coffee and it isnt even morning.. hum....

September 19, 2015 at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home