Sunday, September 6, 2015

Anna Kendrick is Here

I spent the whole of the day yesterday with Anna Kendrick. She isn’t a farm girl but is taking Cold Antler in stride. She’s only been here a short while, but seems to appreciate the food and doesn’t mind staying in the guest house. I’m not used to having gals around here like her. Especially ones so small, feisty, and loud – but we’re growing on each other. Well... she’s growing on me and I’m being tolerated by her. I remain optimistic though. I’m hoping this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship and she sticks around to teach me some stuff about performance, grace, and kicking ass. I also hope she likes killing rabbits because the last guy who stayed in her room was so much more into field mice…

Anna Kendrick is what I named the new hawk. Another falconry season begins now!

If you follow me on Facebook, that moniker shouldn’t surprise you in the slightest. It made sense to me. The new hawk is small female, brunette, sharp, and has one hell of a loud voice when she shows it off. Fits perfectly. But it does mean sentences like “I’ll be over after I feed Anna Kendrick some defrosted mice” and “Anna Kendrick got me with her talons” will be said for the first time, probably.

I won’t be writing about Anna much here. Falconry is something I am still new at and there are plenty of places online for folks to learn about it from far more experienced people. But I did want to share that a new bird is here and I’ll be training, hunting, and living alongside another wild bird of prey as I grow in my studies as an apprentice in this ancient art.

4 Comments:

Blogger DarcC said...

Congrats on a successful trapping, and good luck with her! Have you read "H is for Hawk" yet? If not let me know and I'll send you my copy, it's worthwhile.

September 6, 2015 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your new guest ... :-)

September 6, 2015 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger renate said...

congrats, jenna! she's a beauty.

September 6, 2015 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Ngo Family Farm said...

Wonderful, congrats!!

September 6, 2015 at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home