Thursday, August 6, 2015

Getting Back on the Road!

Okay folks, here it is: I need a truck. My current truck, the Dakota, has been demoted to the role of farm truck, both by myself and the fine state of New York. That means the truck is still insured, but it isn’t allowed to leave a 25-mile radius of the farm and should only be used for farm work (delivering animals, getting hay, etc). It’s just a beater that I kept beating and it is on her last legs….Like, she stops working and stalls out while you are driving her... it is time to get something dependable, cheap, and trusty.

I found this girl on Craigslist. A 1989 Ford f150! She’s got 4WD, barely any rust, and a NEW transmission! She’s for sale for 2 grand. A truck in this good of shape for that price is a STEAL and exactly what I need for both farm and writing gigs (speaking events, signings, etc). The guys selling it is a musician in Connecticut and we spoke on the phone and worked out the details. This baby is coming to Cold Antler if I can wrangle up the funds this weekend!

I planning on buying this used truck outright. It’s safer, easy and cheap to fix, and honestly… it’s my dream truck. I also am done buying new vehicles, it just isn’t my reality and a payment plan at a dealership isn’t in my budget.

But I don’t have the money for her. That’s where you guys come in. I am asking for help with this loan, which to be funded requires that fifteen people loan me $25 a piece for it to qualify. Note - this is a LOAN, not a kickstarter or crowd funding. You get your money paid back to you, automatically deposited back into your account as I make the small monthly payments to Kiva.

So I’m asking for you to consider making a small loan to help this farm get road worthy again? Click here to help make it happen!

15 Comments:

Blogger Kat @ Where the Sidewalk Ends said...

Consider it done. Always happy to be able to help out such an inspiration.

August 6, 2015 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger mdoe37 said...

Kiva Zip....interesting concept.

August 6, 2015 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Great idea Jenna. I am a huge Kiva fan. Why not for you too. Good luck on the truck.

August 6, 2015 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Karen Talamantez said...

Best of luck.

August 6, 2015 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger Heather-Anne said...

Done! I get paid tomorrow so I will check and see how close you are and giv more if needed. I am active on Kiva but did not know about zip.

August 6, 2015 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

What happens if you get more money than you ask for? Is that prevented automatically or do you receive it too? Very interesting. (I looked briefly at their website.) This is a cool idea btw.

August 6, 2015 at 11:58 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Thanks all!

August 7, 2015 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Goose Goose - Once it hits the goal the funding stops and the project is closed. I asked that myself! Then the money is sent to my paypal account and I am hoping the truck is here soon!! I can't believe it is almost at goal!

August 7, 2015 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

So cool! I need a zip account for my gas money to watch Joel Salatin tonight. He's going to give a talk about buying food locally. I hope he doesn't mind that I'm driving 6 hours to watch him. :)

August 7, 2015 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger greendria said...

Awesome idea! Hope you get it! I swear the universe likes to support this type of genuine creative endeavor

August 7, 2015 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

I live on a fixed income and pinch and budget and do without if I can't afford it. Maybe you could take a part-time job or do without instead of asking for a series of loans from people you don't even know. If this farm thing isn't working out, you may need to make a change.

August 7, 2015 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww, us West Coasters are too late to help...Ford F-150 is awesome! They run until the wheels fall off - then you just buty a new set of wheels...

Congrats Jenna - keep the dream rolling on.

August 7, 2015 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

She's fully funded!!!!! Woot!!!
Go Jenna!
Please let us know when you pick her up!

Denise in TN

August 7, 2015 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Holy cow, I was excited I could finally chip in something to lend a hand, and there you go all funded up already. Well, enjoy that new truck--will you give it a name? 'Cause I think you should give it a name.

August 7, 2015 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Kudos to you for getting a truck! What a great deal! We "inherited" an 88 F250 from the BF's aunt and uncle, and its taken a lot of work by the BF to get it on the road, probably about 2K by now I'd guess, and it has a fair bit of rust, so that makes it more difficult.
Congrats on your investment!!

August 10, 2015 at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home