Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Firewood, Hay, and Home

I wanted to share some of the updates and things offered by this little business, for anyone inclined to support the farm going into Autumn. There is no crisis or emergency here on the farm but there is the very real coming of winter and as of today there is only one and a half cords of firewood and more needs to be bought in for winter heat. So does winter hay, which I have already set up a few hay accounts going into winter but need to pay the farmer who is providing the actual bales for the farm.

I have no interest in starting another kickstarter or Kiva Loan to achieve these winter income goals. I want the work of design, workshops, farming, writing this blog and events to get me to my goal and keep this place solvent. I can't kickstart a novel every September nor can I be certain book deals will come through. I am certain I will find a way to keep the foreclosure warnings just that, warnings and keep this place in my name and keep living the life I love. So I encourage you to come out for a day and learn to play the fiddle, shoot a bow, buy a logo, order come bacon seeds, learn about chickens and gardens or simply choose to start subscribing to it for a small amount monthly through Paypal.

For Sale:


WORKSHOPS! You can click this link to see all the events posted, and more are being added all the time. Every season at CAF hosts events where readers can come see the place they follow, meet the animals and the author, and just become a part of the story. There are several workshops posted and two more being added today. The dates for Spring Fiddle Day Camp is May 7th. April 2nd will be a beginner's Homesteading Day - dedicated to raised bed gardens, chickens, and rabbits mostly. Email me to sign up!

SEASON PASSES - If you live close enough to Cold Antler to take advantage of a season pass they are still on sale for $250 a person and covers every single event hosted here for a year from date of purchase. It is a heck of a deal, make a great gift to locals with a love of farm folk and fellowship, and new events are always been added along with long time favorites like Goats and Soap, Fiddle Camps, Archery and Chicken events! Email me to sign up!

LOGOS & GRAPHIC DESIGN WORK: You all know that I sell custom logos, and the regular price goes from $300-$500 a design. Right now logos are on sale for $250 and that includes the entire process, which is not billed hourly. You get a professional logo created by a BFA degreed graphic designer who has worked for corporations such as HGTV, Coldwater Creek and Orvis and that price also includes my purchasing of any font or image rights I may need. Logo designs take 2-4 weeks to complete (sometimes longer, depending on complication of design or if you simply need more versions to get to where you want the design to be) but most logos are started with comps and completed within 2 weeks of first designs. Email me to sign up! Your logo is literally a half month of heat or feed at this farm!

Co-own a Pig - Shares on Sale: I have 2 more piglets coming to the farm in the next few weeks and they will be raised over winter here at the farm for spring pork. Co owning an animal for freezer meat is a great way to support this farm! Quarter and half shares available on one pig, other pig is already sold! Email me to sign up!

Buy an Ad! Do you have a blog, small business or website you want to promote? Readers and larger companies alike can take out ads on this blog which are located along the right side of this webpage. Reader blogs are a reduced rate and bring more eyes to your work while supporting this small farm along the way.

Blog Subscriptions: Cold Antler Farm will always be free to read and follow along with both here in words as well as with the vlog series on Youtube. But if you want to make a small contribution every month as a way to voluntarily compensate me for the work of words and videos it is appreciated and encouraging. Five to Twenty-Five dollar a month subscription plans are set up through paypal and you can click on the link right there in the top right corner of this blog to do so. And if you don't want to commit to a monthly subscription you can make a one-time annual subscription of your choice by using the donate button below the Barnheart graphic here on the blog.

Free ways to Support CAF! Don't have the ability to buy a logo and not close enough to attend an event? No problem. Just reading this blog is a huge way to support it and there are ways to show your support without spending a dime. You can send emails to the non-changing sponsors here seen in the ads. Tell them you appreciate their support of CAF and opt to support them when you need supplies or gear.  Subscribe to the Youtube Channel (it's free) by doing this you show the folks at Ad Sense that my vlog is worth paying attention to, as clicking on ads there and here on the blog from Google do kick back a little income to the farm. And of course, sharing the blog with friends and like minded folks and generally getting the word out about my books and blog is a huge help. A simple Facebook sharing of a post you like can reach hundreds of new readers. Tweeting a link to a logo sale or event could reach a new customer.

Okay guys, there is my Dog Days of Summer pitch. I hope it rallies what this farm needs to sail into Autumn with a smile. Between this good work, getting Birchthorn ready for publishing and mailing, and a little luck all will be well and the firewood will stack high and the barn will bulge with hay, hope, and winter comfort literally in the bank.

13 Comments:

Blogger Patsy said...

OMG I saw the For Sale and Merlins pic underneath and thought you were selling him. I about had a heart attack. Lol. Glad I was wrong.

August 29, 2015 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

No, Merlin I hope will not have to go for sale. It would be heartbreaking.

August 29, 2015 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Any chance of an online fiddle camp some day?

August 29, 2015 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

OMG, I started crying when I saw Merlin and the for sale above his pic.

August 30, 2015 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

I thought Merlin was for sale too.

What does this translate to? (I don't understand what you've written.)What is a hay account versus real provider of hay?

"So does winter hay, which I have already set up a few hay accounts going into winter but need to pay the farmer who is providing the actual bales for the farm."

August 30, 2015 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

Foreclosure warnings? Well, I clicked a few links, hope that helps some.
Also, how come you don't have more / all your books shown here on your blog?

August 30, 2015 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Goose Goose - it means that I have several people who have hay for sale around, and have agreed to sell it to me on an as-needed basis. So I can pull up and get twenty bales at at time instead of 200 delivered at once.

September 5, 2015 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Fiddle Camp always happens here :) Online classes are not a thing I have looked into and not sure I have the tech knowledge or infrastructure with my little laptop.

September 5, 2015 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Thank you Kyler and Sylvia!

September 5, 2015 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

Ahhh! Thank you. It IS helpful to be able to get 'hay on demand' when you're in need in the middle of winter. Thank you for answering! :)

September 5, 2015 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Heather-Anne said...

Julie I agree! Jenna we would pay for online classes too!

September 7, 2015 at 2:20 AM  
Blogger Essential Healing Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork said...

Dulcimer camp?

September 7, 2015 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Essential Healing Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork said...

What about dulcimer camp?

September 7, 2015 at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home