Monday, July 6, 2015

Things about me you may not know

I still think Buffy the Vampire Slayer is still the best Television Show of all Time. So does the creator of The Wire. So...

Six Feet Under, close second.

I curse all the time. I do it well.

I am terrified of heights.

 I hate olives.

I hate seafood and other bug meats.

I love any paranormal horror movie.

I don’t like being touched. No hugs, please.

I watch makeup tutorials on youtube.

I am 99% okay with the apocalypse.
To get to 100% I need to take in Anna Kendrick and Dan Harmon on my farm. They can bring their significant others and dogs.

Favorite Novel: The Name of the Wind.

I respect stubbornness above all things.

I wouldn't only date a musician. But it would be hard to find him attractive.

The Lion King and Braveheart might always be my favorite movies. Which means 1993-94 was a real brainsink year. But they pretty much sum me up.

Still haven’t read 50 Shades of Grey, but I will. Oh, I will.

I have had panic attacks since 5th grade. Less since I started farming.

I never have sex dreams. All my dreams since I was a kid were of needing to survive some sort of disaster - from plane crashes to monster attacks.

I secretly want to dye my hair red. My mom does and I’m 99% her.

I have never been pierced or tattooed.

I don’t care about outer space. At all.

If you handed me 20,000 dollars I would fix my truck, pay down my mortgage, and buy a 1957 Gibson J-45. You know, basic human decency.

Favorite dinosaur: Deinonychus

GoT House I root for: Lannister. 100% since 10 year olds out the window.

I miss Gilmore Girls, a lot.

I am tired, presently.

I hate bars. I love booze.



Blogger Diana said...

Thanks for sharing....I hate seafood and olives too...but I was surprised you do not care about outer space...I always want an escape, so outer space might be my only chance someday...I was also surprised you watch makeup videos, as a natural beauty you don't need to spend anytime on makeup....a little makeup goes a long way

July 6, 2015 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger Su Ba said...

Gosh girl, you surely make me smile! Now for just a hint from an oldster (even if you're not interested in one), your likes and dislikes will constantly change. So just be careful not to say "never". Don't like lobster now? Ha, you might adore it later. I hated garlic most my life, but once I started eating food off my homestead (I was in my mid 50's by then), I suddenly found myself loving fresh garlic. Same for lots of things. Seems like I morph into a new person about every ten years. Pretty strange, but also pretty cool. I sort of like the idea of being reinvented every decade. Gives me a lot of new experiences.

July 7, 2015 at 1:37 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

I would like to learn how to do eye makeup right. I like it. But thank you!

July 7, 2015 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

I am sure these things will change but it was fun to write last night :) but I don't think I'll ever eat a giant sea bug. But like you said - that can change and so can I - and I accept that :)

July 7, 2015 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Nushi said...

The only reason you don't care for outer space is because you haven't watched Firefly yet ;) If you think Buffy is good, you'll LOVE Firefly :)

July 7, 2015 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Nushi! There is a Firefly sticker on the back of my truck. I am a huge browncoat - but still loves my Scoobies more.

July 7, 2015 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Kevin s said...

Why is Deinonychus your favorite dinosaur? It is kinda small but fierce looking.

July 7, 2015 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger damnyankee said...

I love this...

July 7, 2015 at 9:59 PM  
Blogger holmgrrl said...

Don't both with 50 Shades of Meh. Read "Carrie's Story" by Molly Weatherfield. Better writing, better depiction of BDSM dynamics, and better sex.

July 8, 2015 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

I love these comments! Never heard of Carrie's Story but thanks for the rec!

July 8, 2015 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Kevin! When I was a kid I had a great dino book and I was obsessed with wolves. I always thought that Dein was the closest you got to wolves in the dino world. I remember seeing Jurassic Park as a nerdy kid and wondering why they were calling them "raptors"

July 8, 2015 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Spiderjohn said...

It is so very sad that you don't like being touched. Everyone needs hugs.. dogs, horses, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, sheep, humans. Especially humans. After all of the years reading your blog, I never would have thought that you would shun physical contact. Sad...

July 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Spider - i'm not against human contact! I just dont like being over familiar or physical with people I don't know. Some people are very physical and hug and touch folks they meet one time. I am not that kind of person. I'll hug close friends and certainly people I want to be physical with but I am not comfortable with being close or touching everyone.

July 9, 2015 at 4:16 AM  
Blogger Sam Sheehan said...

Noted: no hugs when I eventually make it to a workshop (I will one day I swear it. Being in canada makes things extra challenging and now every time I decide I'm gonna go I end up being pregnant or having a nurseling to contend with... But one day)
I guess we all feel this weird one sided intimacy, I follow your blog every day, read your life with that delightful dash of sass and wit. Your name is a household name, I can say 'Jenna's goat finally dropped those darn kids' and hubby knows exactly who I'm talking about. I would almost call you a friend if I didn't feel weird about only knowing you online, so I would totally be comfortable giving you a hug.
But I recognize too that you don't know the slightest thing about me. It is weird. Lol

July 9, 2015 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger CorvaJewels said...

Yeah, what holmgrrl said. Don't bother with 50 shades unless you're into poorly written, sexist, rape culture-centric garbage. I can recommend some snark sites that deconstruct the book in hilarious fashion - MUCH better reading! =)

July 9, 2015 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Maggie Heilmann said...

I miss Gilmore Girls too! Very much. I might have to start watching all 153 episodes over again on Netflix.

July 9, 2015 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Goose Goose said...

I thought of something driving through the country today. Swearing is fine when it is appropo but saying an veg farm's (or petting zoo) philosophy is a D*** move, is weird. I'm cool with swearing when it is used appropriately. That was just an odd use of selected term. lol.

July 9, 2015 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

I don't even consider Dick a swear word, goose!

July 9, 2015 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger seagoddess said...

I don't always agree with all your thinking, BUT on the Buffy front 200% agree! "Once More With Feeling!"

July 14, 2015 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home