Monday, July 20, 2015

Library Talk Tonight! Scottish Music Thursday!

Tonight at the Bennington Free Library there will be a talk about my book, One Woman Farm. I'll be there to do a reading and share stories from my homestead. It's at 7PM and hosted by the Bennington Bookshop and Library alike. It's probably air conditioned, too, so there's that.

Thursday night in Arlington Vermont is also a big night out! The much adored Cantrip, a Scottish group I saw a few years back at a little house show/potluck is returning for a repeat performance and once again it'll be a house show with a table of food made to share. It's a CD release party.
Details on their Facebook Page!


Blogger Place Under The Pine said...

Too bad I didn't live a little closer I would plan to go for sure. I loved reading your Cold Antler Farm book -

July 20, 2015 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

Wish you could make it. Should be a nice time! both the library and the concert!

July 20, 2015 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger English sheep gal said...

Wow - this is great! What talented musicians, will certainly check out their CD, couldn't stop tapping my feet all the way through. I haven't seen bagpipes operated with just a squeezebox strapped to the arm like that before, only the traditional kind with a tube you breathe into, and a bag you squeeze. Hope you have a fantastic time listening to them tomorrow night.

I do appreciate all the new bands / media I learn about via your blog, we got 'Big Easy Express' musical DVD when you recommended it, must have watched it abut 20 times now, know it well enough to sing along with every song, even those in the 'extras' section. Now we love Mumford & Sons, Edward and the Magnetic Zero's and Old Crow Medicine Show.

Once you put up a link to a hilarious Youtube video advertising the plant sale at a nursery called 'Happy Belly' with all the workers dressed up singing about what they were selling - that had me crying with laughter and fwd to everyone I could think of.

Then there was the link to the trailer to Greenhorns, all about people starting out in farming which lead us to buy the DVD - and of course the book of the same title that you feature in.

Yesterday, I looked back at a previous recommendation that I hadn't taken up yet, and just got an email to say my copy of the documentary about the musical husband and wife duo known as 'Shovels & Rope' and their journey from busking for tips, to being award winning musicians (Ballad of Shovels and Rope)is on its way to me.

Of course there are all your books too, and Bretts woodland book looks really good.

Please keep letting us know about these gems you keep finding - maybe you could do a vlog telling us all about how you find out about these things, how did you become involved in Greenhorns etc

July 22, 2015 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home