Monday, June 29, 2015

Lush Lists

So June is nearly over and the farm is the picture of lush. That sounds nice, but when I say lush I mean everything is lush. The weeds are lush, the mud is lush, and the biting little bugs are lush! There is a lot of life here and since this part of the world is pretty much a deciduous rainforest - it looks a little scrappier than normal. Not unruly (at least not yet), but scrappy. Those of you out there who manage a household know how easy it is for things to start looking a little rough - if you raise animals, raise kids, balance work and family or make time for your hobbies - sometimes the lawn gets scraggly as a new beard on a 22-year-old ginger. But that's okay. Life isn't about presentation. It's about the things you do when you are distracting people with presentation.

I am going to post a vlog later today about a hang up I have had with the blog. About why the posts have been so damn sparse this summer.  It's nothing to do with anyone but myself but I bet a lot of you out there can relate - especially anyone out there creating content online. But that vlog post will be my gift to myself after all the farm work is done, I got a jog in, cleaned up the house (and myself) and worked on at least three design clients. I need to make these little tasks and rewards daily. I live by my lists. I just finished an ENTIRE BOOK of lists and going back through the pages is like a diary of tasks and hopes. It's a hoot. Lists can be pretty lush as well.

Yesterday I was visited by the Hoff Family, whom I adore. Cathy, Tim, and Taylor came and got to finally meet Friday. Tim brought along two big crates of slightly outdated milk from a friend's corner store and the pigs are enjoying it to the fullest!

Oh, and Patty and I might just be entering a JOUST this holiday weekend coming up.

 P.S. Strumstick giveaway coming up soon! YEAH!

P.P.S. I have a special deal for Fall Fiddle Day Camp. Ever wanted to learn to play the fiddle? Love bluegrass or Irish fiddling? The last 2 spots for fiddle day camp on Sept 12th are on sale - price INCLUDES fiddle - will offer both sold to any pair of folks willing to come together for $385 (that's two people and includes 2 fiddles that come with case, bow, and rosin. Event is here at the farm from 10-4 and I would love to have you come see this place in fall!

P.P.P.S So the house needs a plumber and the truck needs to go to the shop - nothing dangerous - just need to repair the hot water and (i think?) the alternator. So you know what that means.....LOGO SALE!

Want to support a small farm and look awesome doing it? I have been doing professional design work for over a decade and have worked for corporations such as HGTV, Orvis, and Coldwater Creek. I create custom logos, tee shirt designs, tattoos, posters, CD cover art, and more.

Regular price: $300 - $500
Sale Price: $225 to the first 3 people who sign up and don't mind waiting till mid-July to see their comps.

Photo by Miriam Romais!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bernadette Egerton-Mears said...

Hi Jenna!
I just assumed you'd been ridiculously busy!! You know what they say about 'assume,'?'I hope things are on the up now I've missed your uploads to YouTube and your vlog! Keep the faith and best wishes Bernie x

June 29, 2015 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Jenna Woginrich said...

I have been busy! Certainly very much so! Hosting company, hosting events here at the farm, etc. But that usually doesn't stop me from writing. I was being held up by my own baggage. More later. Thank you for your comment!

June 29, 2015 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Christina S said...

Glad to see all is pretty much okay with you. Missed my daily dose of your farm life ;).

June 29, 2015 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Ngo Family Farm said...

Have missed you, too! Beautiful photo of you milking. Whenever I get down on myself for being unable to keep up with all the household stuff, etc. (which is most of the time these days), I'm going to remember your word: Lush. Yes, my messes must mean my life is LUSH! And I think I shall now also refer to my post-pregnancy body as lush, too ;) Thanks, Jenna, for sharing that. Looking forward to the new vlog.
-Jaime

June 30, 2015 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Cat H said...

and we adore you right back, sweetie! Keep us updated on the jousting..would love to see it.

June 30, 2015 at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home