Friday, May 15, 2015


Alarm goes off at 3:30AM
Get up
Let out dogs
Check Bonita
Feed cats
Get ready for turkey hunting
Lyle arrives at 4AM
We head to local large farm
Hike in the dark with guns
We split up
I set up decoys and call birds
I hear gobbles in the trees
Turkeys fly to another farm
I watch the sunrise
I read from the Havamal
We leave among misty mountains at 6AM
Come home - 6:30 AM
Pick off ticks
Feed chicks in tractors
refill their fonts
carry water to horse
carry water to sheep
let sheep out of paddock to graze
Feed horse hay
Feed rabbits
Feed dogs
Collect eggs
Water kailyard
Grain and water goats
Milk Ida
Bring in milk to strain 7:30AM
Wash dairy dishes
Eggs and bacon
Check emails
Sell logo
Sell Fiddle Camp Spot
Email my bowyer
Check Bonita
Waste time on Facebook/Twitter
Emails again
Buy flat of veggie starts at Stannard's
Water but not plant them
Nap with Gibson 11AM
Wake up to kids 1PM
Skip Lunch
Bring kids inside
Milk Bonita
Feed bottles to kids
Set them up in dog crate with towels
Feel Anxious
Run three miles
Shoot 50 arrows
Press 50 pushups
Put away archery target
Feed chicks in tractors
Refill their fonts
Carry water to horse
Carry water to sheep
Put sheep back into paddock to grain
Feed rabbits
Get horse out of paddock
Groom Merlin
Pick Feet
Tack horse up
Ride up the mountain
Look for fox I shot the night before
Find no fox
Let Merlin graze on mountain, take in view
Ride home
Untack horse
Curry comb horse
Let Merlin into pasture to graze
Cover chicken tractors in case of rain
Milk Ida and Bonita
Prepare bottles
Feed kids again
Walk dogs
Look for fox
Email final logo files to client
Set milk for morning chevre
Make steak dinner
Drink a hard cider
Update blog

Night Rounds on Farm
Put away laying pullet chicks
Turn on Barn Radio
Watch movie on Amazon Instant Video
Feed kids again before bed in easy chair
Put them in dog crate with diaper sheets
Go upstairs to bed
Sleep like I mean it by 9PM
Up tomorrow at 5 AM


Blogger Su Ba said...

Wow girl, you sound like a real homesteader! I have to laugh, because my days as so much like that. But instead of hunting, milking and riding, substitute foraging and growing things in my gardens. I love the life! I see that you do too.

May 15, 2015 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger Susan Conway said...

Ahhh! They're here! Way to go, Bonita! And Jenna. )

May 15, 2015 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Mel Baker said...

I'm tired just reading about your day. Have a good sleep, you earned it.

May 15, 2015 at 11:39 PM  
Blogger Cat H said...

phew! So glad Mamacita Bonita had her babies and everyone is doing well.

May 16, 2015 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger Molson said...

WHEW, I am so exhausted reading your minute by minute tasks for the animals, and the farm. I am so happy you made time to hunt, good girl...........

Now, rest a little........

May 16, 2015 at 3:35 PM  
OpenID T. Crockett said...

I had to look up what a bowyer is. It's nice to know that's still some people's occupation.

May 17, 2015 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Montero said...

I agree with Mel. And I wish I was as organised and diligent as you, especially when it comes to my own fitness. Glad to read (or not read as case may be) "Cleaned house". Dull women have clean houses, great women have clean barns so says me.

May 20, 2015 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Candie W said...

I really enjoyed this.

May 26, 2015 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home