Friday, March 27, 2015

Mulder Season

Mud Season is here. The ice on the mountain is finally melting and I can walk around and do the daily chores with my rubber boots touching honest earth. Last night I fell asleep to the sound of rain, with the windows open, next to the wood stove. I can not tell you how excited this made me. I fell asleep with the realization that many women my age fall asleep dreaming of husbands or children. I fell asleep hugging Gibson and could not stop grinning because the X-files is coming back for six episodes. I mean, it's the end of winter, Mulder and Scully will be back to their capers, and rain is falling on black soil - so many promises. Life is great.


Blogger KiwiGirl said...

OK, that statement about other's dreams needs to be called. Seriously, what a gross generalisation about other women.....what an insult to your readers.

March 27, 2015 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

It was a joke...
Ergo yesterday's twitter and Facebook post.

March 27, 2015 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

The X files is back??? whoop!

March 27, 2015 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

YES! For a few episodes. I am so pumped!

March 27, 2015 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Micki Brown said...

KiwiGirl, you are evidently easily insulted!

March 27, 2015 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Jamie J said...

Today I checked out some "I Want to Believe" patches to put on my hiking pack and dusted off my Mothman hat. With Scully and Mulder back life is good

March 27, 2015 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I just think certain things touch a nerve, is all. Clearly it did insult her, or insulted her worldview. But know there was no crappy intention. I was telling a joke, riffing off yesterday's social media. But keep in mind guys, this blog is a public diary. It is one woman's thoughts. A woman who is not running for public office, who is not writing to individuals, and who is just sharing what pours out of her head. I'm not apologizing for that.

March 27, 2015 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

P.S. watched the Pilot last night and am about to watch some more tonight. If you love the Xfiles, check out Kumail's The X Files Files podcast. It's free and so much fun. He's a comedian (one of my favorites) who is watching every episode from the beginning and having fellow fans, show writers, actors and other folks talk about the show with him. Great workout/driving/walking/farm chore listening.

March 27, 2015 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger giannahorse said...

excited about the x-files!

March 28, 2015 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Having the window open in these early days of spring after good! Here's to a quick end to Mulder Season and that kale can be planted sooner than later.

March 29, 2015 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Stephanie B said...

I'm not easily insulted, but I have to agree with KiwiGirl; in the context of only your blog posts (for those of us who don't follow other social media outlets), there is definitely missing context and that came across as a pretty crappy thing to say.

March 30, 2015 at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home