Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lambing Season Vlog!


Blogger Linda Hawkins said...

How old are lambs supposed to get before you butcher them? I have friends who do cows and pigs, but I know nothing about sheep as a food source.

March 4, 2015 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Not until they are much older than the little baby you see there. Usually between 8-18 months

March 4, 2015 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger mdoe37 said...

Ah yes, those rubber bands. I bought some from tractor supply the other day. A friend was giving me the low down on how to use them....and then stopped and said, 'Well you don't have any animals." No I'm not using them on my husband. I take the pliers and bands home, leaving them on the dining room table and the husband says, "These aren't for me are they?

Nope, they don't do a half bad job of securing reels on ice fishing rods. :)

I've only attempted to eat lamb once...mother cooked it...'nuf said. :O

March 4, 2015 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Best lamb I ever had was cooked by two (14 year old) ranch hands. We came into the ranch house after 8 long hours in the saddle to one heck of an amazing meal.

March 4, 2015 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger A.N said...

I would really appreciate an insider's opinion on horns vs. disbudding. Could you do a vlog to that effect?

March 4, 2015 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Not sure how to explain this but I was struck tonight watching your video at how far you've come in so many ways, over the years as well as just recently. You are such a strong, independent, engaging woman and human being and you sharing your life on this blog is truly a pleasure. Thank you.

March 4, 2015 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Ducky said...

How is Split Ear doing?

March 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

How sweet! You make me want to try sheep at some point. Also, my dog does exactly what Annie was doing whenever I'm talking to a camera for any reason. "EXCUSE ME? I AM DOG. I AM HERE. YOU ARE TALK TO ME, RIGHT? WHY NOT LOOK AT ME?"

March 5, 2015 at 1:09 AM  
OpenID berkshireporker said...

I'd be interested to know if you've considered leaving the tails intact - is it simply to prevent infection? I know you csn do this with pigs but would love to learn more about sheep.

P.S Love the blackfaces!

March 6, 2015 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home