Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Keep Going

All this cold winter, this photo rested in the space behind my steering wheel. It was a photo my folks took on one of their visits to the farm, and they printed and mailed it to me in a card. It reminded me of summer, but more importantly it reminded me of them.

Winters are not hot cocoa and oversized sweaters for me anymore. There are not ski trips and dogsledding runs like they once held. They are something to get through. Something to congratulate yourself on if you make it. With summer finding his way slowly back to us, I feel like I am on the edge again of making it. I think I will.


Blogger simmer dougherty said...

Nice life is tough in the winter isn't it? At least spring is close at hand

March 18, 2015 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Robin Follette said...

Something to get through... That's exactly how I feel. We have March winds and January temps this year. I'm. So. Sick. Of. It. I want an "I survived" t-shirt. Mother Nature owes us at least that much.

March 19, 2015 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Ohiofarmgirl said...

i'm so glad we made it too. finally!

March 19, 2015 at 2:27 PM  
OpenID peihome said...

Heh, I can relate. This is the worst winter Prince Edward Island has seen (upwards of 500cm of snow so far, and more on the way).
Here's to a happy spring for y'all!

March 21, 2015 at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home