Friday, February 27, 2015

New Vlog! Chickens, Rabbits, & Bees!


Blogger CallieK said...

Chickens are not legal where I live and they'd be pretty hard to hide in my place, although I do know a few people raising them "underground". Bee are only legal if the hives are 9 metres (about 30') from the nearest property line which eliminates pretty much any backyard in the city- your yard would have to be at least 60' wide!

February 27, 2015 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger daisy g said...

Hope you're feeling better today, Jenna. We live in suburbia and have no fence, so we can't have critters just yet. Selling our house will be so liberating, as we'll be able to pursue so many avenues that are challenging and rewarding.

I hope you'll do a series on beekeeping once you have your bees in place.
Hope your stove is toasty tonight.

February 27, 2015 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That was great.
We would love to see a future post/vlog about your bees when they come. That is something I've always wanted to add to our farm.

February 27, 2015 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

Odds are my chickens (3 banty hens for now) will remain indoors while I am at this property. Underground chickens ftw!

Also, if you give a rabbit a bell, there will definitely be noise complaints...

February 28, 2015 at 12:45 AM  
Blogger becky said...

I would love to see a vlog about the parts of a hive how it goes together.

February 28, 2015 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Cara Dunn said...

Jenna, I will probably be ordering chick's online. What are the do's and dont's for online chick buying? Also, can rabbits and chickens share a space? Thank you!!!!!!!!

February 28, 2015 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger janamama said...

Bees! We ordered bees today! You inspired my husband (I play your vlogs next to him and he's hooked:-) to let me get bees. We already have meat rabbits and hens and are putting in a bid on some land for our homestead. You have been a friend in absentia and I wanted to share my joy with you. I've got bread rising to fiddling music as I write this. I'm not doing the fiddling today but I've noticed that the yeast must dance to the fiddle because my bread always rises better on fiddling days so I've got Celtic radio doing the magic for me.

Thank you,Jenna, for being a soul sister and letting us all know it. You are loved.

February 28, 2015 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Tanya T said...

He is so tame! What will you do about the frost bite?

March 2, 2015 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Sena Keating said...

Youtube channel suggestion: Put all your vlog posts into their own playlist. I just came across them today, watching them from the beginning and Youtube doesn't always associate the next video on the side so it was a pain to track down the next video in the series.

I really enjoyed watching them. Thanks for posting!

March 3, 2015 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home