Friday, February 27, 2015

Lambing Season in Full Swing

Brick and her lambs came through the -5 degree night just fine! They are both doing well, feeding well, and their mother is patient and protective. My other ewe, an older girl (8 or 9) named Split Ear will be lambing as soon as today. I can already tell it is on her mind by how she is acting. A ewe ready for lambing will start to separate herself from the rest of the flock, pace and circle and paw the ground now and again, or fall into this trance of contractions and spasms as she stands statue still. Split Ear is doing all these things and I am checking on her every hour or so.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

So cute! Hang in there...

February 27, 2015 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Sam I Am...... said...

How exciting! Who's more nervous...you or the Moms? I read some of your book and it is very good...scary but very good. You're a good writer and it kept my interest I just don't care for "creepy tales".

February 28, 2015 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger sandalfoot said...

Wonderful news. Hope your tooth is better, at least feeling better. You are indeed a trooper, Jenna. Thanks you for acting on your love to write, for sharing your stories.

February 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

great to see the inside of your lamb barn, Jenna… gives me a few ideas on how we can build our own! Cheers!

February 28, 2015 at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home