Thursday, March 12, 2015

Goats & Soap Workshops!

For the past few years this farm has hosted an event called Goats & Soap. It is a two-part workshop that starts here at the farm making milk-based soap from scratch and meeting the goats that make it happen. We go through the safety, tools, ingredients and process of making a lye and milk soap and we get to meet my little mother/daughter herd. After lunch we venture to my goat mentor’s farm, Common Sense Farm, three miles south of my place right in Cambridge NY. Yesheva, is there as the goddess of all things Caprine and she knows goats folks. She goes through everything from what to look for in breeding stock, to feed and housing, to bucks and mating season. She is patient and calm and wonderful as an asset. She even has goats for sale sometimes from her herd.

This year I am offering that workshop again, after the kids are due in May. But I will also be offering a version that is JUST soapmaking and stays here on the farm for a lower price. If you are interested in either then here are the dates and times! Sign up over email at

Soapmaking 101
July 18 2015
Jackson, NY

Goats & Soap
July 19 2015
10AM - 5PM
Jackson NY

P.S. I have updated all the workshops in the link on the right, and if you are around this weekend... I have one spot, one whistle, and ONE songbook extra for any last minute musicians out there? Want to learn the tin whistle with friends this Saturday, 12-4pm at the farm! I have three folks coming and can fit one more person in. Details in this link!


Blogger Dana "Aurora" Johnson said...

I so wish I could attend. Making soap from goat's milk is near the top of my list of farm plans. Sounds like a fun day!

February 3, 2015 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger DarcC said...

Count me in please! I have wanted to attend this for the past two years but shit always happened....third times the charm!

February 3, 2015 at 9:17 PM  
OpenID lesoiecosmetics said...

Lesoie Cosmetics bring you cosmetics inspired by nature not only in function – but in form as well. A true Nature’s Art from the heart of Europe. We offer a range of natural, handmade, personal care product, brought to you from the heart of Europe.

February 23, 2015 at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home