Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Day in My Life

What happens here at Cold Antler on a regular day? Chores, design, writing, firewood, hay, more chores! This is a short video explaining my daily list and it starts with simple things like feeding each animal and goes into daily goals of design work, income, ideas for new clients, and so on. I make time for music and song as well, and drop in guests or errands to pick up hay or feed also fall in weekly. Everyday is the same and every day is different.


Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

Interesting how our trades and training continue to draw us back to buy our bread and butter, huh Jenna?

February 18, 2015 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger Christine Marble said...

Loved hearing about your day, Jenna. My question: what does it mean to be a subscriber? How is that different from just checking in to your website every day to see if you've posted another blog entry? I ask because I would like to help support you somehow and wonder if subscribing is the way to do it? Thanks!

February 18, 2015 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I mean subscribe to the Youtube Channel, which means you just click on the red subscribe button on the video page. It's free and shows youtube that folks are interested in what my videos are. Helps drive the channel into more suggested video slots for new viewers and you get emailed every time I post a new video!

February 19, 2015 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

In my case, always, K&S!

February 19, 2015 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger kj said...

I love the daily rhythm of chores,especially in the winter. Getting out in the sun + air( frigid as it may be) keeps the blues away. I feel like these things cultivate a toughness you can't get any other way. Yes I'm the one who gets out of the warm bed to start the morning fire ;)

February 19, 2015 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Cara Dunn said...

Love your vlogs Jenna. I am currently in the process of beginning a homestead and your vlogs are both entertaining and informative. Love the cozy atmosphere at your home!

February 19, 2015 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Jeephpy said...

Love watching your life. You are living the life I would love to have. Keep making videos please! Vicky

February 19, 2015 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

The only thing I noticed you didn't have on your list was writing your list. I write my to-do list the night before. When do you write yours, Jenna?

February 19, 2015 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Dana "Aurora" Johnson said...

Love this video! I'm a list writer too, and even though I spend a lot (too much) time on the computer, I need hand-written lists to keep me on task.

Also, World of Warcraft, how I miss thee. If I ever come back to it I'll definitely look you up!

February 19, 2015 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Abby Souza said...

I see feeding Italics wasn't on your list. Do hawks eat everyday? Or are they fed weekly like snakes?

February 19, 2015 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Kyler! I make them in the morning, it's really helpful making it while still stirring to get me motivated for that first cup of coffee

February 19, 2015 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Abby: Italics is usually fed daily, but he was fed A BIG rat the night before and still had not cast a pellet (bones, fur, etc - like an owl) so he was not in need of another meal when the list was made. He ate today though!

February 19, 2015 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Su Ba said...

One thing I like about having a daily job list is that I can look at it at the end of the day and see in black & white all that I accomplished. Without a list I sometimes feel that I worked all day but have nothing to show for it. That can be discouraging. But a checked off list is so incredibly satisfying!

February 19, 2015 at 11:59 PM  
OpenID MansWhirld said...

Looks like quite a cozy place you have there and hey, that alarm clock never needs winding :)

February 20, 2015 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger daisy g said...

Your day in the life is not for everyone, but if it makes you happy, that's all that matters. Something similar would suit me, as I enjoy being busy with meaningful work, but I have two other people to consider, so I make do with my current reality. One can make any situation work, if only the desire to be willing is there.

February 20, 2015 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Peacemom said...

Now that alarm clock is off grid! Solar panels are next, right? Looks like things are rolling along there. I, too, enjoy the chores any time of year, just makes for a nice ALIVE feeling when it's below zero...but even I'm getting tired of this winter this year. Daffodils are not too far away, I'm trying to focus on that! Cheers, Jenna! ~Vonnie

February 22, 2015 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Montero said...

Ohhh list making is SO satisfying! I've been drifting today and watching this vlog inspired me to concentrate and get to ticking off the items on my own to do list. And, for what it's worth, we have had chickens in the living room and had to live in just two downstairs rooms in winter, so don't feel alone!

February 23, 2015 at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home