Saturday, January 31, 2015

For the Dancing & the Dreaming!

The Tin whistles have arrived! Folks are coming next weekend to receive them (new in boxes!) along with songbooks that teach through such a simple system of black and white dots. You can see the notes and such there to The Butcher Boy. You cover the black holes and leave the white ones open. You learn timing by hearing the songs played on recordings or youtube videos. Some of us have songs we love from movies and stories we are dying to play! These whistles are such a wonderful way to bring music into your life. I recently learned this song by ear, it was tricky, but it makes me so happy to play it while watching the snow fall!


Blogger ryverwynd said...

Hello Jenna! What brand of whistle is that and what book title are you using? I wish NC was a little closer to you...I would love to attend your workshops!!

February 1, 2015 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Daisy Villanueva said...

You know how to play the For the dancing on the dreaming! May you post the tin whistle notes for it. I'm a beginner but I love that song and would love to play it! Or email me at

July 8, 2015 at 2:03 AM  
Blogger Daisy Villanueva said...

I'm so happy that you can play For the dancing and the dreaming!! May you post the tin whistle notes? I'm a beginner but would love to play it!

July 8, 2015 at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home