Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Spots Open For This Weekend's Workshop!

This is a new event here at Cold Antler Farm, one I never thought to offer until my last two books came out. This is a workshop talking about farming within the traditions and mythology around the Wheel of the Year. The Wheel of the Year is a general term for the pre-Christian practices of agricultural Europe. In my case: the Celtic Tradition. Since it is so close to the Solstice and the farm will be lit with bayberry candles, fresh fir branches, and a small tree inside the window we’ll start at Yule and talk about each of the eight festivals of the Wheel and how the farm life dances along with them, in music, story, and myth!

This will be a workshop taking much on farming and faith, finding meaning in mythology and ancient traditions and why I chose this path. I hope that folks interested in the Wheel will come and share their stories. There will also be open discussions on spirituality and farming in general, the importance of feeling connected to your land, and how spiritual groups and communities in general are a part of life here in Washington County. So it’s a little deeper, a little more introspective. But if your faith and your farm are connected you may be interested in joining this discussion.

Yuletide Cheer
December 6th 2014
10AM - 4PM
Here at CAF
$100 or Season Pass!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Ford said...

This sound wonderful. I have a prior commitment, and am so sorry I will have to miss it. This sounds like it could be a great book!

December 3, 2014 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Heather Knoll said...

I wish I could be there! Sending you Yule cheer from California ;).

December 3, 2014 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Dana "Aurora" Johnson said...

I so wish I could attend. What a wonderful idea.

December 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I wish I could be there, it sounds amazing!

December 3, 2014 at 6:19 PM  
OpenID cissa said...

That sounds so lovely! I wish I could attend.

Blessings!

December 3, 2014 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Cat H said...

This was wonderful! Thanks so much for adding it to the calendar.

December 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home