Sunday, November 2, 2014

Roar and Howl

I love mornings like this! The wind is howling outside, literally howling, and I am inside with hot tea and a roaring wood stove. Roars can beat out howls, at least indoors. That is what I am betting on anyway, since the wind is so mighty I can hear it trapped inside the woof stove. I get sucked down into the piping, pulling and winding its way into the the house and ends up being drowned in the crackling fire. Makes you feel so grateful for a warm place outside of the wind.

 It is gray outside, and the snow didn't come. There was a sprinkle of flurries here and there, but nothing that lasted through this bluster. I made pancakes after chores and decided to spend the day at home. Still fighting this cold, and while I am feeling better than yesterday morning - I'm not going to push it as much as I did yesterday.  And since it feels like I still have the whole day ahead of me (clocks back and all that) I feel like this morning might not amount to much more than a movie and a hot second cup of tea.


Blogger Holly said...

Hope that you are feeling better. Tea with a bit of honey helps:)

November 2, 2014 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Drank much of it, thank you!

November 3, 2014 at 9:11 AM  
OpenID DeniseM said...

I have been reading your book, ONE WOMAN FARM and am enjoying it greatly! Thank you.. Denise

November 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Denise thank you!

November 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home