Friday, November 14, 2014

First Snowfall of the Season!

Last night the snowfall came down gently, covering field and fir and giving everything that clean and cozy feeling new snowfall only can! I'd say this place got around an inch, but the wind and mush of warm earth have it already melting. I am thrilled anyway, because for the first year since I moved here I am prepared for a true winter. There is so much firewood stacked, and food in the pantry and freezer! I do need to store up more hay and animal feed, but that will happen shortly! But for right now I am sipping coffee, fire burning in the stove, and I know there is enough here for everyone's breakfast and dinner. That's a good way to start a day!

P.S. Sorry for the lack of vlog posts this week, it's been very busy but soon as things slow down a bit tomorrow, I plan on posting a bunch in a row! Thank you for all your views and kind emails and comments! And please do subscribe to the Youtube Channel!


Blogger a.rogue (Alice) said...

Hi Jenna, I finally went to check out the youtube channel and watched one of your vlogs. The "You're Crazy to Want to Farm" I loved it! Surprised because I don't usually like vlogs :) The snow looks lovely. Have a great day!

November 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

It's sure good to feel comfy and cozy. I just saw this, and thought of you With your wonderful writing, and love of things Celtic, you seem a perfect fit.

November 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Kyler and Sylvia said...

I've said this before, Jenna, but, Great photo! you have such a picturesque little farmyard!

November 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Peacemom said...

After finally getting our little homestead last fall, we moved in at the onset of winter...a really cold a 1755 house with no insulation. Coldest one of my life and I understood what the colonials must have lived with heating with a fireplace. Lord in heaven! So, this fall, we obtained a lot of wood, I canned and canned over the summer and we've got our own chickens and another farms pork filling the freezer next to the frozen blueberries, pumpkin, and corn that I froze as well. Having gone through so much last winter not prepared, I determined that was not going to happen again. Feels pretty good, doesn't it? Your little barn is comforting in this picture, a true place of refuge for the critters.

November 15, 2014 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Heather Knoll said...

I'm so jealous! It's 75 degrees here in northern California. We used to have seasons...

November 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home