Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Kilts, People! KILTS!

This photo was taken by accident, I thought the camera was recording and was fixing my shirt and instead it took a still. But in this little mistake is a great snapshot of one intentional life, one awesome horse, and one badass albaphile.

You just got to be yourself. That's what it comes down to. What you see here is my usual wardrobe. I'm most comfortable in kilt, sporran, riding chaps, good hiking boots, worn jacket and wool hat. And by wool hat I mean a wool western hat you've seen in many of the vlogs. It has a pewter falconry pin of a raptor on a fist and usually is adorned by one of my turkey's feathers until it falls off while riding that horse too fast.

If you like kilts, I suggest you get a hold of one and start bringing them back as agricultural normalcy. To hell with the overalls and jeans, a good kilt is the best! I wear it riding, working, hunting and hanging out. With a good pair of full-seat breeches cut above the knee they never chaff your thighs. You have mobility, brush protection, pockets, and layers of touch canvas  over your swimsuit places. I'm talking to you, too, gentleman. Man up and wear those kilts during chores!

8 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

Do you have a good online kilt source?

October 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Yes! The Celtic Croft! http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com

October 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Ngo Family Farm said...

You are totally badass. Love it!

October 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger small farm girl said...

Dumb question from someone who has roots in Scotland, aren't they basically a skirt? What's the difference? I love the look of kilts, but I'm not fond of wearing skirts. Would honestly love to know.

October 29, 2014 at 5:11 AM  
Blogger jules said...

Jenna! Where did you get your hat????? The wool western hat. I need one!

October 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I am getting a kilt. Now.. I am not going to be intimidated about hoping for a smaller waist size. I will do this tonight. And I will ignore any stares at the feed store and grocery. I think they are cool as hell.

October 29, 2014 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Kelly Sedinger said...

"To hell with overalls"? Awwww! I'll go have a nice cry in the corner now. :)

October 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

I love me some hog washers! Lol but kilts are awesome too! I would have to wear shorts under mine though.
Www.utilikilts.com had awesome ones as well.

October 31, 2014 at 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home