Sunday, October 26, 2014

Jasper May Have a New Home

Today I met with several folks who are interested in buying Jasper. My little POA. Jasper has been up for sale for a while but it wasn't until recently that I got a lot of bites after a recent craigslist campaign. Over a dozen folks emailed, and half that came to see him. Today I think I found his new home, a small Massachusetts farm and family of three. Wife, husband and seven-year-old daughter looking for a manageable addition to their vegetable and livestock concern. They have had horses on their farm before but felt that the large Belgians were a huge expense in all ways, and intimidating for beginners such as themselves. I totally understood that, as that was the exact reason I bought Jasper years ago.

Today those folks harnessed, groomed, drove and rode Jasper. They said they would love to have him and might take me up on my offer to board him for a month or two while they get their homestead prepared for him. They had a check ready to hand over, but I explained that I wanted to meet all the folks coming that day and would get back in touch that evening. My heart is set on these guys though, selling Jasper is not small deal to me. I love the idea of going to a home where he can be of use, be loved, and be ridden and drove by people just getting their first bites of the equine bug.


Blogger renee said...

I am so happy that you will be comfortable knowing that Jasper will go to a secure home and given the love, care and new tasks that he deserves

October 27, 2014 at 2:10 AM  
Blogger aart said...

THAT is Awesome!!

October 27, 2014 at 6:34 AM  
Blogger gothicmuse said...

I'm pulling for you, Jasper and his potential new family to make the leap.

I see it as a win-win-win for all of you; Jasper will be the lone equine focus of attention and get more work as well. The family will get a horse that fits their needs. Your hay will go farther this winter as well as Jasper providing one last service - additional funds for your farm.


October 27, 2014 at 7:24 AM  
OpenID T. Crockett said...

I'm really happy for you, the family and Jasper

October 27, 2014 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Cully said...

So happy for you and Jasper!!!!!

October 27, 2014 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Karen Talamantez said...

Did Jasper like them? I know he has a mind of his own and I'm guessing he would tell you which folks he liked and which he would just as soon not see again...

October 27, 2014 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger daisy g said...

Sounds like Jasper will help them in the quest for their homestead dreams. Blessings, all!

October 27, 2014 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I recently found your blog after reading your book. I was sad when I read that you are selling Jasper. I'm so glad that you think you have found his next family. It sounds like a perfect fit.

October 27, 2014 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I met with a bunch of folks and these were the people Jasper acted the most Jasper-like around :)

Vet comes this week for the health inspection to move across state lines, a lot of excitement on both sides. Merlin will be a solo horse for a while, but not forever.

October 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Thanks all for the kind words!

October 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Happy for Jasper. Will the family keep you updated on him with pictures, too?

October 27, 2014 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Susan Conway said...

While I understand why Jasper needs a new home and how it will be better for everyone and that he will be in a great place and you'd never let him go to less, I will miss him on the blog. He's such an imp and I love seeing him be himself - in some ways he has been the sprite of Cold Antler. I'm glad to hear that he was most Jasper-like with the family you are speaking of. I think it would be great if you could continue to blog about him and his new family as they become homesteaders.

October 27, 2014 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Carlos Rodriguez said...

how is all on the maude front? you ever find out what happened to the lamb?

October 27, 2014 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Ooo, another companion for Merlin? That's cool, and yet another chapter of Cold Antler to look forward to. :)

October 28, 2014 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home