Friday, October 17, 2014

Jasper for Sale!

Jasper, my POA (Pony of the Americas) is for sale, and only because I am not using him to his full potential. Through Merlin I have learned that draft ponies and horses will be my equine future, so I would like to find a good home for this splendid little guy. He is 11.3 hand pony, and has as work harness (collar is Amish made, nylon and metal harness, and collar pad). If you are looking for a great first equine to actually earn his keep, Jasper is it. He is wonderful being lead by a halter and lead rope in harness and hitched to a cart or stone boat can carry firewood, light logging, and drive carts. Speaking of carts: I have a small red cart for sale as well that needs a shaft repaired but fits him!

So this guy. He rides and drives. He stands for the farrier, trailers, and is also a great companion pony. He is 12-13 years old, gelded, and barefoot. I am asking $750 for the pony and $1200 for the pony, cart, harness and assorted tack. If you are interested in buying him but not ready to take him to your farm, you can buy him now and I will board him here for you through winter and into spring for a very low price (cost of his hay and 2 farrier visits). Please let me know!

NOTE: just because he is a pony does not mean he is for little kids! He is a working horse, Amish trained, and needs an experienced and confident rider. The rider in these photos is 5'4" and 111lbs. I say experienced not because he has any interest in bucking you off, or is in any way dangerous or mean spirited. Jasper is a lamb, but ponies are stubborn and sometimes need riders more stubborn than they are! If you just want a pasture pal or horse-powered ATV for yard work lead on halter, he is fine in any beginner home. But if you want to ride him you need to have some horse sense because Jasper is always happy to do what is asked once he understands you are leader. An understanding of natural horsemanship, a flag, and five minutes is all he needs to be in your pocket.


Blogger Ginny said...

Aww wish I was ready for that!

October 20, 2014 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Jolen Lesswing said...

Please email me about this pony if he's still forsale.

November 27, 2015 at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home