Under 24 Hours to Join Us!
I am so glad that with less than a day of pledging left, Birchthorn is at 125% of its goal! For that I thank you, the farm thanks you, and for the first time in years I can go into winter with a lighter heart! Only 22 hours or so left to be a part of this group project! I thought I would share the plan moving forward for those unsure of what this even is?!
1. Upon funding I will get to work writing a new introduction/exposition to the story, before the first chapter you already read.
2. While that is being written, the new blog will be created to get the community involved who supported this story, starting with a conversation about world building and story-crafting. Your opinions, inspirations, and ideas matter. I'll suggest watching stuff like this video with fiction writers talking about story, crafting, and the work of making a piece of fiction worth reading!
3. Once the new introduction is written and some tweaking done to the first chapter I will post it to the new blog and hope all of you will give your thoughts, story ideas, character suggestions and so forth. We'll build this all together! THIS IS WHAT IS THE BEST PART ABOUT BIRCHTHORN! It is not just a novel you help fund, it is a novel you help WRITE!
4. When a chapter has been out for a full week it will be re-worked, taking the comments into consideration (though as the author I do get the final say on creative decisions) and reposted as a raw part of a story.
5. This will continue on a weekly basis until most of the book is completed. The final chapters will only be read by the hired professional editor and myself, since I want there to be some excitement for those of you when your paperback or hardcover comes in the mail! Are you a professional fiction editor? If so, send me your resume and books under your belt and your rates! I would love to hire someone from this community!
6. Any questions? Let me know! And of course, thank you all for your support and I urge you to get excited about being a part of this mystery! You'll be haunted by Birchthorn all winter if you join in at the $45 pledge or higher!
THANKS! PLEDGE HERE!