Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Learn to Play the Fiddle! August 23rd 24th



Have you ever wanted to learn to play an instrument but were certain you didn't have the ear? The ability? The talent? Not here you don't! Cold Antler's Fiddle Camp has a last minute opening for the weekend of the 23rd and 24th. The camp is two days, outdoors, sitting in the shade or in a large barn (if it's raining) and learning the basics of teaching yourself to fiddle. I use Wayne Erbsen's methods and the weekend if casual, fun, and easy. I have never had a person take this camp and not leave able to play a tune. Here's a video of Riley from Ontario playing with a guitar accompaniment the second day of Fiddle Camp. He never played the violin before this weekend and on day two he was droning, shuffling, and playing alongside another musician!

Some folks had to change their schedules but I have an extra Fiddle right here, brand new, in the box, waiting for you to come and learn how to care and feed for it and take it home. Practice fifteen minutes a day and you'll have a pocketful of songs by Halloween. And if you have attended a camp in the past, please do comment here and share your own story of the weekend!

Email Me to sign up!

P.S. If you are signed up for this year's camp make sure you get a hold of your own copy of Wayne's Book, an electronic guitar tuner, and a spare set of strings for your fiddle. Email me if you have any questions.

2 Comments:

Blogger a.rogue (Alice) said...

That was such a fun weekend! I wish I could go again :) Unfortunately I am behind at work...
I have to relearn with my left hand now. My wonky right wrist just can't reach without excruciating pain.
But thanks to everything I learned that weekend I was able to reverse the strings myself!
I hope everyone who goes has a great time.

August 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Mrs.Haggie810 said...

I wish! Maybe one year! I'm trying to learn guitar right now...and though in the past I've thought of myself as musically inclined, (I sing, played trumpet, and taught myself a little piano) it is sloooow going. :p

August 19, 2014 at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home