Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Early Morning Hay, Fiddlers, and Wool Shares

Shortly, I'll be on the road to buy some hay. Coffee in my thermos, dog riding shotgun, music and news on the radio. It's Patty and Steele's big day at the County Fair and I hope to go and help her tack, groom, and watch from the railings as she and her horse strut their stuff! Rain is in the forecast, but I think this day goes on rain or shine, so I'll probably be there with camera and a poncho. This is a sadness that can easily be fixed with a Bloomin' Onion. Or so I hear tale...

Fiddle Camp is THIS WEEKEND! Looks sunny and gorgeous all around! Be here by 10AM and be ready for a whole new life of music, tunes, campfire jams and new friends! I'll remind you to bring a camp chair, your lesson book, tuner, and spare strings and get ready for a weekend of music and your new instruments! I have a dozen fiddles here waiting for their new owners and I'll start tuning them up tomorrow and checking out each one individually to make sure all is well and ready for your eager hands! This is one of my favorite weekends of the whole year!

On another important note: farmers make mistakes. I know I sure make mistakes. The wool CSA and Webinars I hosted a few years ago were just such mistakes. I have sent out emails to folks about their wool products last night and this morning, but have only heard back from three so far. If you did not get an email from me because communications changed, please email me for a refund for anything you would like your money back for and it will be paid by December 2014. I am honestly trying to remedy this to the best of my ability. I thank you for your patience and valued the good faith you made those purchases with.

7 Comments:

Blogger Matt_Middleton said...

As one of the folks in the Wool CSA, I'd just like to say that I understand, and appreciate you being up front about it.

The point of a CSA is to share the bounty AND the risk inherent to farming. I for one was prepared for the possibility of getting less than originally expected, because that's how these things work - sometimes you get more, sometimes not so much.

August 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Thanks Matt. So far folks have either refused the refund, accepted payments, or have not contacted me back. I am hoping all who want a refund get in touch.

August 20, 2014 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger renate said...

i'm with matt. when i joined the wool csa i was fully aware of the possibility of it not panning out as planned. i do not at all expect or want a refund. while i would have loved getting the wool from your flock, i understand why it didn't work out. it was worth the try, and i believe in your integrity!

August 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM  
OpenID T. Crockett said...

I read that fiddle camp is this weekend and got all excited in a nostalgic sort of way. I loved fiddle camp.

I've since added a shoulder rest to my fiddle supplies and I highly recommend it. The rest helps me play longer (and more comfortably). Have a great weekend fiddlers!

August 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Great job making good on the wool CSA, Jenna. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is admit you've made a mistake. Remedying this and putting it behind you will be a weight off your shoulders, and those affected will be appreciative, I hope!

August 21, 2014 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Roe said...

My friend Maureen Sweeney and I are registered for fiddle camp this weekend but worried. We have not received any emails of instruction, directions, address, what to bring, etc except here in this blog. Am worried ...are you expecting is, do we have fiddles, etc? We do not have books? Please please advise. Been trying to connect with you be email this week but no reply. We leave for the4-houir trip to Cambridge tonight. Please advise. Wasvivian@aol.com.com.

August 22, 2014 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

It's okay Roe! I just replied but realize AOL (your address) may have sent me to spam since my email (itsafarwalk.com) is private and weird.... check your spam but I'll try through gmail right now.

yes, be here at 10AM! You are registered!

August 22, 2014 at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home